Subject: About castles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What does the +6 in the castle counter mean?

2. If a castle is destroyed, can it be rebuilt directly as a stone castle or must it pass through the wooden fortress first?

3. In the battle rules it says that the defender chooses if the castles and fortresses participate in the battle. How is this interpreted? If they participate they also roll a die? They take losses? If not they cannot take losses in this round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Coupeau
France
Quimper
Breizh
flag msg tools
designer
1. To remind you that the fortresses & the castles are hit only on 6.
2. It must be built as a wooden fortress and at a later time as a stone castle.
3. If the defender chooses to include in the battle his castles and fortresses, they roll a die but they also take the risk of being hit and so destroyed. If they do not participate in the battle, the defender can retreat in the fortress/castle (see 6.3.5, 6.4.2d & 6.4.2e)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

1. Ok

2. Ok

3. With the 2015 English version now I see castles roll combat dices. In the original French rules it was not clear. But I cannot see where defenders can retreat into a castle. Only a mention for a leader without troops in 6.4.2d

Can combat units also retreat in castles?

Also, note that in the French rules 6.4.2d does not exist and both in the French and English rules 6.3.5 is duplicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Coupeau
France
Quimper
Breizh
flag msg tools
designer
3. With the 2015 English version now I see castles roll combat dices. In the original French rules it was not clear. But I cannot see where defenders can retreat into a castle. Only a mention for a leader without troops in 6.4.2d

Can combat units also retreat in castles?
No, only leaders.
About including fortresses/castles in battles or not, it can sometimes be a good idea not to include the fortress in a battle. That way, your opponent will have to spend an extra RP to attack the fortress & conquer the county. It will not prevent the plundering though.

Also, note that in the French rules 6.4.2d does not exist and both in the French and English rules 6.3.5 is duplicated.
Yes, I just also noticed that while looking for your answers. Thanks! I will change it as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.