Hide
15 Posts

Bloodborne: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Boss cards from Gen Con copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shon James
msg tools
I grabbed a copy of this at Gen Con and have noticed that the boss cards are missing the word "Boss" on them like is shown in the manual. You can figure out who the 7 bosses are but it did take a minute.

Has anyone else noticed this printing error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

When I bought my copy on Thursday, they gave me a pack of boss cards. I initially thought, "Oh, wow, this a lot of bonus bosses!" Inside the box, there were no cards marked boss, so then I thought that they messed up and forgot to include them.

From your statement, now I'm wondering if they just forgot to print Boss on those cards and were giving out corrected versions of the cards.

Did they not give you a corrected pack? How irritating, if so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
RageGoblin wrote:
Interesting.

When I bought my copy on Thursday, they gave me a pack of boss cards. I initially thought, "Oh, wow, this a lot of bonus bosses!" Inside the box, there were no cards marked boss, so then I thought that they messed up and forgot to include them.

From your statement, now I'm wondering if they just forgot to print Boss on those cards and were giving out corrected versions of the cards.

Did they not give you a corrected pack? How irritating, if so.

I think that is exactly what happened. I picked it up too and said the same thing, sweet extra bosses. Then noticed they were the same as the ones in the box, and wondered what the deal was. Finally noticed the word boss on the card pack versions. The game was clearly rushed for the convention, including it being printed saying 2-5 players on the box. Which is acknowledged as a misprint by an employee in another thread. Although I wouldn't doubt it was intentional to sell more copies! That could just be the cynic in me though, because I wouldn't have bought it if I saw 3-5 players. I mostly play games with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it 3 times at 2 players. It can be done but it definitely is not balanced. You need 3 players for a good experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Martystrub969 wrote:
Played it 3 times at 2 players. It can be done but it definitely is not balanced. You need 3 players for a good experience.

What is the main problem? Is it the player interaction, or too many enemies escaping? I know with higher player counts you increase the health. I wonder if decreasing the health with 2 players would help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

What is the main problem? Is it the player interaction, or too many enemies escaping? I know with higher player counts you increase the health. I wonder if decreasing the health with 2 players would help?

I'm guessing (as someone who hasn't played it yet) that the "betray your partners" mechanic kind of sucks with two people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

CMON placed a label over the wrap that said 3-5 players, so the game is balanced out for 3-5. Not meant to be played with 2.

As most have mentioned, the bonus cards are to replace what is in the box. They noted the mistake but had already boxed up the gencon copies--they had cards printed to replace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

With 2 players it's nearly impossible to kill any of the monster cards before they run away. This removes the usefulness of a lot of the cards. For instance, doing immediate damage doesn't really matter on those monsters because you're not likely to kill the monster anyway. The molotov cocktail card is useless because you're only ever directing it at one other player. So the chances of catching a player at 1 health is slim.

The boss card that makes you add a monster every time a monster escapes isn't usable in a 2 player game. You end up in an infinite loop of just adding a monster and watching it run away.

2 player is manageable, but a lot of the fun cards and the betraying becomes less fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Hillean wrote:
rudis21 wrote:
Martystrub969 wrote:

CMON placed a label over the wrap that said 3-5 players, so the game is balanced out for 3-5. Not meant to be played with 2.

As most have mentioned, the bonus cards are to replace what is in the box. They noted the mistake but had already boxed up the gencon copies--they had cards printed to replace.

There was no sticker on any of the copies I saw, or on the one I bought on Friday morning. Just an official playstation licensed sticker. I would not have bought it if I saw 3-5 players on the box.

I wonder if you tweak some of the damage and health numbers you could get it to play well with 2? I love the franchise and the game, but not sure how much play it will get now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
There was mo sticker on any of the copies I saw, or on the one I bought of Friday morning. Just an official playstation licensed sticker.

I wonder if you tweak some of the damage and health numbers you could get it to play well with 2? I love the franchise and the game, but not sure how much play it will get now.

No sticker on mine either.

You could probably tweak the rules to work better for two players. Perhaps requiring the regular monsters stick around for 2 rounds before they run away instead of one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As discussed in other threads, the game is technically playable with two players, but I don't think any amount of tweaking would make it worth your time for just two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
RageGoblin wrote:
As discussed in other threads, the game is technically playable with two players, but I don't think any amount of tweaking would make it worth your time for just two.

I do think there is a way for this community to figure out a way to make this an awesome cutthroat two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
rderr27 wrote:
rudis21 wrote:
There was mo sticker on any of the copies I saw, or on the one I bought of Friday morning. Just an official playstation licensed sticker.

No sticker on mine either.

You could probably tweak the rules to work better for two players. Perhaps requiring the regular monsters stick around for 2 rounds before they run away instead of one.

I have not had a chance to play yet. Keep getting close and then get caught up with something. What about remvoing escaping all together? Or would that break the game? Just spinning my wheels here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

I do think there is a way for this community to figure out a way to make this an awesome cutthroat two player game.

Oh, sure. Any game could be redesigned in a way so as to allow different player counts. This one would take a lot of work, though, and the end result would probably not feel much like the official game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
RageGoblin wrote:
rudis21 wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

Oh, sure. Any game could be redesigned in a way so as to allow different player counts. This one would take a lot of work, though, and the end result would probably not feel much like the official game.

Ya like I said I haven't played yet so I'm in the dark. Just really hoping it is something the wife and I could play and get that competition going. Game sounds like a good quick fun romp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.