Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for Myth 2.0 upgrade pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone willing to buy a $10 2.0 upgrade pack from the Megacon webstore and ship it to me in the UK for less than the $57 shipping they want to charge?

Drop me a message if you can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Check with MCG directly. They may still have some stock in Europe. The store is apparently only US stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I emailed them 2 weeks ago and never got a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I probably didn't do the cheapest route but I took at look at UPS. I didn't know where you live in the UK so I just picked Edinburgh. For me to ship a .5 UPS envelope from Pennsylvania costs 52 GBP or about $80. If there's a cheaper way let me know and I can start playing around with that but what I have currently is way more expensive than what MCG is charging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
A padded envelope via USPS was around US$60.

Try emailing again. Gen Con just happened and it's entirely possible it got lost in the insanity of pre-Con prep. Nikki is usually good about getting back to folks, but she does get a lot of mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I really don't get US post prices at all. Some US companies can ship me a heavy box for about $15-25 while others are charging $50-90 for envelopes. How does it work at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loopstah wrote:
I really don't get US post prices at all. Some US companies can ship me a heavy box for about $15-25 while others are charging $50-90 for envelopes. How does it work at all?

Assuming that US companies are charging only for postage (and not adding "handling fees" of some kind), it's pretty straightforward. You can calculate shipping on the US Postal Service Website, www.usps.com. Letters are cheapest, and small packages up to 4 pounds are in the next tier ("First Class International"). For anything over 4 pounds (or less, but want it to ship faster), there is Priority Mail International. The two highest tiers are Priority Mail Express and Global Express Guaranteed, and both definitely cost an arm and a leg.

The major problem is the that US Postal Service raised their international shipping rates in January, often by 100%. It's kind of crazy, actually, because the rate increases do not reflect the actual drop in oil and fuel prices worldwide.

In any event, if you are ever curious, I definitely recommend checking the USPS website. It's pretty easy to use for english speakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loopstah wrote:

You got a message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
You got a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loopstah wrote:
Anyone willing to buy a $10 2.0 upgrade pack from the Megacon webstore and ship it to me in the UK for less than the $57 shipping they want to charge?

Their webstore is charging BS prices to everywhere. I looked at getting the 2.0 upgrade pack shipped to a US address and they still wanted $22. Umm. Just no. Even with a 'handling' fee attached, those shipping prices are ridiculous. It is not an international issue (although the internation prices are even more insane).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
Loopstah wrote:

Their webstore is charging BS prices to everywhere. I looked at getting the 2.0 upgrade pack shipped to a US address and they still wanted $22. Umm. Just no. Even with a 'handling' fee attached, those shipping prices are ridiculous. It is not an international issue (although the internation prices are even more insane).

Megacon claims those rates will change once their distribution partner gets all the stock (which I thought already happened). Maybe there'll be some sort of announcement from Megacon once this distribution partner starts taking orders.

Kable is their partner for distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.