$30.00
$15.00
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, have I missed something in the rules?

We couldn't find anything about who sets up first nor how you handle it. So what's the rule do you:

A) Roll a dice loser sets all forces up first

B) As A but loser sets up a single unit, then the other guy, then back to the loser, alternating?

C) Everyone secretly writes down all positions then reveals (long-winded)

D) Something else?

Given how thorough and well written and presented most other rules are I feel like I must have missed a bit!!!!

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe dagostino
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The individual firefights give the parameters of the setup - which hexs on map, entry points from off map, etc. Within those parameters you could do whatever is most fun for you. I don't think your option 3 is very long winded; there are usually not that many units to place, and it preserves the fog of war until you reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above, the Firefight Book details all the necessary set-up information, special rules and outlines any additional order parameters that are needed to play each scenario (Firefight).
If you are using the "Firefight Generator" expansion then set-up would be slightly different, following the rules as shown.
Given the possibility that you haven't actually played the game yet, and have only just downloaded the rules (I did the same thing), you will need to have a look at the Firefight Book to fully understand the set-up process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In many scenarios, only one side has any setup decisions to make (because the other side's units have explicitly assigned setup locations), so it is irrelevant who sets up first!

In scenario 4, for example, where both sides have setup decisions, it explicitly says "Soviets set up first".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.