Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wait for the Rule FAQ I thought I would paint them.

Not to very high stamdards but functional. may strip some (window cleaner works well) and start again when I ahve more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Nicely done! Do mine now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You know, you give those puppies the dip treatment, they'll look like a million bucks. Well, OK, not a million. A thousand maybe. Or a few hundred.

Whatever, they'll look nice. And if you used the thing where you use the polyurethane/wood stain combo, they'll also be nigh-on invulnerable.

When I paint my Super Dungeon Explore minis, I got all out - wet-blending, shading, three layers of color on everything (including the base). And it takes like 45-60 minutes per mini, which is why I have a few hundred unpainted SDE minis. But pretty much everything else, I just give them a single coat of flat colors and then dip 'em. I'm not trying to win contests, just make my minis look cool on the table, and that treatment makes them look better than any pre-painted minis you could buy.

Just don't go too dark with the stain. And fair warning, the only colors you can get in MinWax Polyshades are very brown, which is great for wood, not so great for a cyberpunk game. MinWax Classic Gray is probably your best bet, but it's not available as a poly stain. So you may want to try a dip that uses a cooler stain color then spray with a sealant (because if you don't use the poly stain then you have to seal them, or they will be sticky and oily forever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be more than satisfied with this paint job. I am not sure what I am going to do since they also need to be put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.