8 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Space Hulk - Death Angel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Swearingen

Illinois
msg tools
I recently purchased Space Hulk - Death Angel. Unfortunately, I am finding the solo play to be very confusing. I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction for help. Perhaps, files or websites that may be of some benefit. Thank you in advance for you help.
Peace,
Brett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Wright
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Youtube it. There are many game play throughs of almost every game you can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brettlams wrote:
I recently purchased Space Hulk - Death Angel. Unfortunately, I am finding the solo play to be very confusing. I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction for help. Perhaps, files or websites that may be of some benefit. Thank you in advance for you help.
Peace,
Brett

Be sure to check out the Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game page -- it looks like a pretty busy page with a lot of forum entries, so if you don't find information that's directly helpful, you can surely post and start a discussion to get some assistance to play and enjoy the game better.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Swearingen

Illinois
msg tools
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
Rostock
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brettlams wrote:
Peace,
Brett

You could check out this video-playthrough by Box of Delights. Not the best image quality, but he plays all the rules correctly.

(In other videos there are often several smaller things missed, e.g.:
- "move, change facing, activate" is done in this order, one step at a time for the Marine(s) of the action card's combat team
- shifting the formation the right way includes shifting Marines, Genestealers and terrain onto the slain Marine's position
- if shifting the formation leads to merging several swarms of Genestealers, their attacks are handled separately.)

Rick in the linked video really knows the rules and you can get a good feel for the flow of play.

You could also check out the official FAQ (at the bottom of the page) or have a look at this list of Q&As compiled by vorakesh in the files section.

This thread listing possible mistakes to avoid might be also helpful to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neg Lemon
msg tools
mb
There's 1 mistake in part 1 (haven't seen the other parts) as noted by a commentator in youtube: "At 11:17, are you sure you can add the support token you got from the blue card effect to a grey space marine card? As it says, add one support token to any of your (I assume blue) space marines."

And yeah, he cannot add the token to the grey marine. It's the point #10 of the possible mistakes thread:

Quote:
10. Using special abilities targeting "your marines" on marines belonging to other teams
Any special ability that target "your marines" or "your space marines" can apply only to marines belonging to the same team as the action card i.e. same color.
Rulebook pp 31: Important: The term “Your Space Marines” on Action cards only refers to Space Marines matching the card’s Combat team.
Rulebook pp 32: Combat Team: Two Space Marines of the same colour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
Lemoneg wrote:
There's 1 mistake in part 1 (haven't seen the other parts) as noted by a commentator in youtube: "At 11:17, are you sure you can add the support token you got from the blue card effect to a grey space marine card? As it says, add one support token to any of your (I assume blue) space marines."

And yeah, he cannot add the token to the grey marine. It's the point #10 of the possible mistakes thread:

Quote:
10. Using special abilities targeting "your marines" on marines belonging to other teams
Any special ability that target "your marines" or "your space marines" can apply only to marines belonging to the same team as the action card i.e. same color.
Rulebook pp 31: Important: The term “Your Space Marines” on Action cards only refers to Space Marines matching the card’s Combat team.
Rulebook pp 32: Combat Team: Two Space Marines of the same colour
Lead by example card says - "When 1 of your space marines slay a Genesteler, you may place 1 Support Token to any Space Marine (limit once per round).
So, you can add 1 Support Token to any Space Marine at the formation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neg Lemon
msg tools
mb
Daimond wrote:
Lead by example card says - "When 1 of your space marines slay a Genesteler, you may place 1 Support Token to any Space Marine (limit once per round).
So, you can add 1 Support Token to any Space Marine at the formation.

You're right. What happened is he reads the card as "any of your space marines" so I probably just listened to that and didn't read the text, jumping to conclusions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.