4 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: 2.0 Rulebook Missing from Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Graham

Massachusetts
msg tools
Hi, everyone. I just received Myth as a gift. It was purchased in June 2016. There is a 2nd edition sticker on the cling wrap but there is no rulebook what so ever in the box. I had never seen this game so I figured I'd just jump online and download the rules. But I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I've read. But here are my questions:
1) If I don't have the rulebook, how do I verify I have the new cards?
2) It seems like this is all kind of a mess. Should I return this for another game or is this one worth sorting through and learning?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The rulebook and cards are all available online from the MegaCon Games site. You can use that to double check what you have.

Also, contact MegaCon about the missing rule book. They will probably send you a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a bit of a mess. It's getting sorted by MegaCon, but slowly.

There are huge fans of the game. For myself, I never got that far.

I recommend watching a video or two of the game being played and then deciding for yourself if it looks fun or not. It definitely is conquerable, but the out-of-the-box experience does not make for a great start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
JasHook75 wrote:
Hi, everyone. I just received Myth as a gift. It was purchased in June 2016. There is a 2nd edition sticker on the cling wrap but there is no rulebook what so ever in the box. I had never seen this game so I figured I'd just jump online and download the rules. But I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I've read. But here are my questions:
1) If I don't have the rulebook, how do I verify I have the new cards?
2) It seems like this is all kind of a mess. Should I return this for another game or is this one worth sorting through and learning?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your game!

I'm sure you're already aware, but just in case:

Here (http://megacongames.com/download/myth-2-0-content/) is a direct link to the official 2.0 base game documentation package from the MegaCon Games website. It contains all the changed content from 1.X to 2.0; rulebook, hero cards, item cards, monsters & allies cards, quest cards, and trap cards; as well as a legal release to allow reproduction for your personal use.

What is _not_ in the 2.0 content package are merchant cards, darkness cards, or tokens; those did not change from 1.X to 2.0 and you should have all those with your base game package. The rulebook contains a token reference if you're worried about missing pieces.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.