I've been playing for a second time tonight with a friend.
We had a dream team : Tomble Burrowell as thief and a Berserker.
So there we are, starting with a side quest "Dragon Hunting".
We have to go from map to map to finally enjoy tea with a dragon.
But from map to map we got more and more damage, and got to the end pretty beat up to find a 29HP Dragon that played twice per turn.
Although I'm pretty sure we're not the best at this game, although, we didn't quite get how we could manage to kill the beast in any possible way.
So here are a few questions :
1) Should heroes recover health from one submap to another inside a quest? We assume not, hence facing the Dragon with exactly 3 remaining HP... Error there?
2) Whenever we got from one "submap" to another, we use to be at the end of the turn of one player, like one would have activated the trail icon, and then, a lot of nice monsters popped up, and then we were in for a ride... Error there?
3) We were a little confused with some activation orders, monsters on certain situation would end up roaming around. Like : Engage / Attack / If within 2 squares of a hero Retreat, if the monster need 2 turn to engage a hero, he would move to this hero on first and second turn move to engage, and then move to retreat (since no action was left to attack. We also had :
- Attack hero within 6 spaces
- If within 2 squares of a hero move to retreat
So basically if there were no hero within 6 squares, the monster would end up moving and moving twice even if only one movement would manage to put the monster within 6 squares of a hero...
I understand the automatic AI can have its drawback but...
4) The power of Tomble was useless, since the hero activate between each hero, there's no way, whenever playing with a close range hero to be able to profit from the power to add the defense die... Is this hero a little bit useless for RtL or am I missing something?
5) There are way to many times where the targets choosing or even some actions are left to the player appeciation. A lot of the time it goes 'closest hero' where every hero is the closest hero. I know the player are supposed to choose, but the point of the app seems to be to avoid that, so what gives? Sometimes an attribute is specified, or health condition, why not every time?
6) Last and final, how are two average heroes having already taken heavy damage from monsters supposed to rekt a 29HP Dragon hitting twice (with automatic 2 surges and flame breath...)? Serioulsy, I'd like to know.
Sorry for the long post, hopefully I'll have some more insight on the game.
1) no recover
2) in the descent coops in general, open a door or make a map transiction in the hero last action is very dangerous because of the alternate turn structure. Don't do this if you are not prepared. Tip: the thief sneaky skill works great in the co-op.
3) don't think so much, just take the two valid choices by circling options. Can be a little strange to take 2 actions to engage a hero and then retreat, but its fine, you get the monster close, and keep them save for a double attack from the same hero.
4) nope, works fine but need more coordination and planning to the skill work. In a two hero game, can be a little difficult.
5) for the same reason, you need take choices with health and attributes ties too. The app is designated to take heroes by force, not by strategy like a real Overlord. So, it's fine make some optimal choices in favor of the heroes (or make hard to yourselfs). I like to take a dice for random choices in tie cases.
6) in a two player game you need to abuse the extra attack/recover rule and keep the heroes with high health. And take more care with doors and new maps segments
- Last edited Mon Aug 8, 2016 12:33 am (Total Number of Edits: 7)
- Posted Mon Aug 8, 2016 12:07 am
Hahah, me and a friend JUST got rAped on that side quest. We weren't super damaged going into the last map, but the stupid Lava Beetles wouldn't stop spawning and we got double stunned 2 turns in a row by the dragon. It was so crap.
6) What do you mean by "abuse extra attack/recover rule"?
Thanks for your answers.
I see i'm not the only one who got rekt
N Richland Hills
The FAQ here updated the 2 hero rules for the game. When only using 2 heroes you get an extra action per hero that can be either a basic attack action (this does not enable using skills that have an attack as part of it) or if you don't attack can regain 2 HP at the end of that heroes turn.
Proto Persona wrote:
The FAQ here
updated the 2 hero rules for the game. When only using 2 heroes you get an extra action per hero that can be either a basic attack action (this does not enable using skills that have an attack as part of it) or if you don't attack can regain 2 HP at the end of that heroes turn.
Yep. You can find this in the RTL rules too.
"When playing with two heroes, the heroes receive an additional
advantage. Once during each hero’s turn, that hero may perform
one attack that does not require an action. This attack cannot be a
special action that includes an attack (“Rage” or “Exploding Rune” for
example); the attack must be a regular attack action. This attack can only
be performed during the “Perform Actions” step of the hero turn and
can be performed before or after either of his actions.
At the end of each hero’s turn, if that hero did not or could not perform
the free attack during his turn, he may instead recover 2 health."
- Last edited Mon Aug 8, 2016 11:33 pm (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Mon Aug 8, 2016 11:29 pm
Oh yeah, totally blocked that out.
We started playing with 4 players, so this ruled must have slipped my mind.
Thanks guys, that changes things.