Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok
Lets say you flip your Hacendado card during a Topple and no one wins and play continues. Can you re-flip your Hacendado card to continue to get the 2 gold and benefits? Is there a way to re-flip the Hacendado card so that you may continue to be a loyalist?

Also, if you cannot flip it back to its Loyalist side, what benefit does the partner side receive? I notice distinct troop color ie. blue troops only, white troops only.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way he flips back over is if he is assassinated and then he can NEVER flip back again.

The partner side also gives one a prestige point in one of the colors as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Headline card which will allow flipped Hacendados to return to their Loyalist side.

Also, the long-term benefit of selecting one of the two prestige points is that it allows for you to store troops of that color in a private army as a home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I've played a few times and have yet to come across that headline. Pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farsol wrote:

There is a Headline card which will allow flipped Hacendados to return to their Loyalist side.

I'm not familiar with any Headline that does that. The only Headline I know of that directly affects Hacendados is "Pan O Palo", which jails all non-Federal flipped Hacendados. Unless I'm missing something, being Jailed doesn't cause a flipped Hacendado to turn back into a Loyalist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went looking through my cards, and you are correct. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. Not that I would ever switch him back to loyal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.