Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mullins
United States
AUSTIN
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I can't find any reference to the blank/generic Market Tiles in the rule book ...or am I missing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Network76 wrote:
I can't find any reference to the blank/generic Market Tiles in the rule book ...or am I missing it?

They are called empty stall tiles. They are explained in the Scoring Stalls section on page 5 and in the text under Place Market Tile on page 6. They are used when there is a tie for first when scoring a stall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph A Nardi
United States
Sterling Heights
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott:

In the rule-book, PAGE 6, SECOND COLUMN, 2nd paragraph, last sentance, under the "PLACE MARKET TILE:" heading; and I Quote..."If there was a tie for highest worker count, the active player places an empty stall tile instead."

Hope that helps clarify your question!

Joseph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mullins
United States
AUSTIN
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Well lookeethere, how'd I miss it? Thanks, Matt...Thanks, Joseph, for putting your response in such a large sized font so I didn't miss it here too (hah!). Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The odd thing is that the empty tiles also have an overflow arrow.

Could we get a clarification that the arrow on the blank market tiles is not an overflow arrow?

Also, on page 6, right column illustration, why isn't the bodyguard on the lower space, taking the 4 point juice vendor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
The odd thing is that the empty tiles also have an overflow arrow.

Could we get a clarification that the arrow on the blank market tiles is not an overflow arrow?

Also, on page 6, right column illustration, why isn't the bodyguard on the lower space, taking the 4 point juice vendor?

It is an overflow arrow, think of it as a general crowded market space, just no stall.

Because green has a worker adjacent to that juice token in another space "off screen" of the rulebook example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:
I believe the answer to the question about page 6 is that the green bodyguard occupies one space, the upper left of that stall. No workers are adjacent to the 4vp juice token in the lower left.

What Jonathan's asking is a strategy question: given the choice between those two spaces when placing his bodyguard to close the stall, why would the green player choose the upper space (adjacent to a 2-pt juice seller token) over the lower space (adjacent to a 4-pt juice seller token)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, I think Matt is saying that there is a green meeple adjacent to the 4 juice seller from another stall beyond what we can see. That green meeple will get the 4, so why bother placing the green piece that is in the photo to get what will be an empty spot when she could get the 2 point juice seller as well as the 4 point juice seller.

I think I had trouble with the empty market tile overflow arrow because one of the player colors is white, so an empty tile is basically a clear assistant while a white market tile is a white assistant.

This means the stall closes with 3 assistants if an empty market stall has its arrow pointing to it. This begs the question, does the active player/ the player closest clockwise from the active player get to place the empty market tile? It suddenly becomes important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Yeah, I think Matt is saying that there is a green meeple adjacent to the 4 juice seller from another stall beyond what we can see. That green meeple will get the 4, so why bother placing the green piece that is in the photo to get what will be an empty spot when she could get the 2 point juice seller as well as the 4 point juice seller.

I think I had trouble with the empty market tile overflow arrow because one of the player colors is white, so an empty tile is basically a clear assistant while a white market tile is a white assistant.

This means the stall closes with 3 assistants if an empty market stall has its arrow pointing to it. This begs the question, does the active player/ the player closest clockwise from the active player get to place the empty market tile? It suddenly becomes important.

The active player places the empty tile. Absolutely important as many times you cause a tied first in order that you place the arrow in a way to trigger something cool for yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Empty market stall arrow pointing to a stall with three apprentices. Does the stall with three apprentices close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Empty market stall arrow pointing to a stall with three apprentices. Does the stall with three apprentices close?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
This is so important that it should be added if you revise the rules. As we knew it was an overflow arrow from the above discussion, but some thought it applied only to where the tourist goes, rather than both pointing where the tourist goes and adding to the closing of the adjacent pointed to stall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
This is so important that it should be added if you revise the rules. As we knew it was an overflow arrow from the above discussion, but some thought it applied only to where the tourist goes, rather than both pointing where the tourist goes and adding to the closing of the adjacent pointed to stall.

Thanks for this feedback, and hope you're enjoying the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.