Subject: Miscut Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acquired the expansion via GenCon. My cards are significantly miscut. I've sent a request to Ares for a replacement set, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this with their copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
os10
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are you able to post a picture of the issues?

wonder if i should cancel my pre-order and wait for resolution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
don't be paranoid, Ares has excellent customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do have great Customer Service but if all of the cards where printed off centered you can't fix it. or miscut

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
the will just send you new

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant B
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All of mine are slightly off center, but nothing crazy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Rossotti
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bought the expansion at GenCon, and unfortunately for me I can confirm that mine are all significantly miscut (will post pictures after I get home from work). I'm not too worried about the miscut cards for the two new decks that come with the game, since all these cards are equivalently miscut and you can't tell the difference between them.

However, the few that go into the pre-existing decks are more of a worry as you can easily tell them apart from the originals as they come up to the top of their respective decks (so you know it is one of the new expansion cards you are about to draw).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same. I've contacted Ares. They will send out new cards in a month or so.

In the meantime, we'll figure out a workaround.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
Deus Vult
badge
Gloria in excelsis Deo
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they fix this issue before releasing it to the market. It will be such a headache otherwise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
In the meantime, we'll figure out a workaround.

For unsleeved cards, draw from the bottom of the regular decks. For sleeved cards photocopy the appropriate card backs and print enough copies to sleeve behind miscut Event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on. Is it that f#%$ing hard for a professional printer to run off a straight sheet of cards in 2016? This kind of crap really ticks me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully it was just the ones they made quick to sell at gencon and the retail games will be all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
Oh come on. Is it that f#%$ing hard for a professional printer to run off a straight sheet of cards in 2016? This kind of crap really ticks me off.
As a printer myself, I think it would be harder not to print a straight sheet. How the sheet is cut is another matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.