$35.00
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

More of a technical violation (to me) but it looks like Trump's wife did not have the right to work while here in 1995.

The implications he lays out are that trump's wife may still not be here legally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A happy bird is a filthy bird
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
OverText is totally worth 100 units of imaginary, worthless currency
badge
What the Hell else am I supposed to do with GeekGold?
mbmbmbmbmb
If true, I don`t think she should be punished. She's married to Trump; she's suffered enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Democrats should drop this whole issue, IMO.

What's the hope, that Trump will look like a hypocrite on illegal immigration? No one who cares about illegal immigration as a campaign issue cares because foreign models are taking the nude modelling jobs.

The only real upside I can see from this is that Trump may overreact and look bad, but why try to make that happen in a context where he's defending his wife? Much better to have him defending himself where he looks like a thin-skinned bully instead of a protective husband.

Also, while "scandals" like this (see Nannygate) can be a good excuse for partisan slamming, I think it's very hard to gain traction with undecided voters by claiming someone may have broken a law that those voters would probably have broken in similar circumstances. Someone working on a student visa? I'm shocked! Shocked I say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you make excellent points.

still, it's out there and it was worth letting people in RSP know it exists.

And there is the chance that instead of defending his wife, trump will do something really stupid like saying those rules don't apply to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
Non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

What's the hope, that Trump will look like a hypocrite on illegal immigration? No one who cares about illegal immigration as a campaign issue cares because foreign models are taking the nude modelling jobs.

The only real upside I can see from this is that Trump may overreact and look bad, but why try to make that happen in a context where he's defending his wife? Much better to have him defending himself where he looks like a thin-skinned bully instead of a protective husband.

Also, while "scandals" like this (see Nannygate) can be a good excuse for partisan slamming, I think it's very hard to gain traction with undecided voters by claiming someone may have broken a law that those voters would probably have broken in similar circumstances. Someone working on a student visa? I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

While I agree with you in principle, given Trumps apparent inability to handle personal challenges with rational aplomb, it's yet another pinprick to his ego so we may continue to see how poorly equipped he is to handle the world stage. So far the the Democrats and the media are NOTHING compared to how roughly he may be treated by other world actors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Meh. I doubt even the biggest illegal immigration hater is against hot European models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

I'd guess it'll be less dems pushing this 9the power structure doesn't seem to be) and more the media. The story is such a sure-fire ratings getter - a whiff of hypocracy, tittilating scandal... it's perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly Dems, they should have let her vote for Donald first then proved shes an illegal.

VOTER FRAUD !!! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
SPIGuy wrote:
Meh. I doubt even the biggest illegal immigration hater is against hot European models.

Depends - does she ride a bicycle? At night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
What's the hope, that Trump will look like a hypocrite on illegal immigration?

I think the hope would be that most Americans are shamed by the idea that immigration laws are enforced so unevenly and unfairly. If you're poor and brown you get deported; if you're white and performing higher status work you get a wink and a nod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems trivial at best.

Hell his buildings were built using illegal labour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Chad_Ellis wrote:

The issue of illegal immigration covers a lot more than just foreign models on nude modeling assignment.

Moreover, I seem to recall chants of "Build the wall! Build the wall! Build the wall!" and not "Build the runway! Build the runway! Build the runway!" by Trump supporters at his rallies who very much oppose illegal immigration and foreigners in general.

Chad_Ellis wrote:
The only real upside I can see from this is that Trump may overreact and look bad, but why try to make that happen in a context where he's defending his wife?

Correction: He'd be defending his wife's *breaking of the U.S. Immigration Laws.*

Chad_Ellis wrote:
Much better to have him defending himself where he looks like a thin-skinned bully instead of a protective husband.

Well he'd have to defend his hypocrisy on the subject.

Chad_Ellis wrote:

Nannies don't seek work in the USA on student visas.

Moreover, those who claim to uphold a higher standard have to be held to that same higher standard themselves.

Likewise, one who's already been one of the worst offenders of outsourcing jobs overseas has no credibility to claim that he's a reformer of trade-agreement laws when his track record to date shows him outsourcing his trademark brand-named products to overseas manufacturers over U.S. manufacturers and producers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us not forget.

The same people who owned slaves had sex with black women.

"Wogs" and "Phoooorrrr!!!" have never been mutually exclusive. A donnyist may well think "Stop the wogs, except the sexy ones".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
All of the legitimate shit to mock Trump about, all of the cray shit he has done, all of the cray shit he says and you guys find every little thing imaginable and try to make it a gotcha. No one cares about this, it just makes you guys look stupid.

You're just on auto-pilot at this point aren't you? Almost everybody prior to your response said this was a non-starter, yet you instantly berated everyone as if they were defending it.

You're not even trying anymore are you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
What's the hope, that Trump will look like a hypocrite on illegal immigration?

I think the hope would be that most Americans are shamed by the idea that immigration laws are enforced so unevenly and unfairly. If you're poor and brown you get deported; if you're white and performing higher status work you get a wink and a nod.

While I agree with your point in general, I just chuckled a little at the notion that nude modeling is considered higher status work in the context of the story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

More of a technical violation (to me) but it looks like Trump's wife did not have the right to work while here in 1995.

The implications he lays out are that trump's wife may still not be here legally.

They are remarkable pics...she's a gorgeous woman. Well done Donald!

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
All of the legitimate shit to mock Trump about, all of the cray shit he has done, all of the cray shit he says and you guys find every little thing imaginable and try to make it a gotcha. No one cares about this, it just makes you guys look stupid.

You're just on auto-pilot at this point aren't you? Almost everybody prior to your response said this was a non-starter, yet you instantly berated everyone as if they were defending it.

1) Someone cared enough to post it.
2) It's RSP, how much effort should I put in?

There are a sizable number of people who post things because they find the topic interesting rather than as any kind of gotcha. Maybe if you put some effort into it you would notice that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Ferret

From her expression she is saying "even a green card isn't worth putting up with this shit.".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

What did he do? Did he take the pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
batman wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

1) Someone cared enough to post it.
2) It's RSP, how much effort should I put in?

There are a sizable number of people who post things because they find the topic interesting rather than as any kind of gotcha. Maybe if you put some effort into it you would notice that.

Fuck! I am not putting enough effort into RSP. My life is over. I don't remember what I originally said but whatever it was must have really hit a nerve or something.

Well, if you're not going to bother to read what others have written before complaining about what they write, why not save everyone even more effort and start a solo complaining thread, kind of like Frank's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ferretman wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

They are remarkable pics... she's a gorgeous woman. Well done, Donald!

Okay, so what were you more impressed by: Melania's oiled-up, pert and pouting breasts OR the fact that most, if not all, of those nude pics were taken of her in the mid-1990s somewhere right here in America when she didn't have a work visa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
maxo-texas wrote:

Forget the green card violation. [But, not if she is still illegal.]

I'm 70 this year. I can remember when a Republican candidate for President could not be divorced. Now look.

Way back when I was young the very idea that a potential First Lady would have posed for nude pics was unthinkable. Let alone for the Repud Party. Now look.

The way things are going it would not surprise me a bit to see [within 20 years] an openly gay male Repud candidate for President getting the backing of good evangelical Christian leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
you make excellent points.

still, it's out there and it was worth letting people in RSP know it exists.

And there is the chance that instead of defending his wife, trump will do something really stupid like saying those rules don't apply to him.

And it gives one an excuse to look up hot naked lady pix on the internet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.