Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maricris Villareal
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my KS copy. It's marked as age 14+ but was marked as 8+ in the kickstarter and here at bgg. I was planning to play it with my 6 year olds. Can this still work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why the age is marked so high. I played two games with my nine year old today and she had the mechanics down right away. The base game without event cards should be ok for six if they have some familiarity with card games. The event cards are probably fine too, but they add some extra complexity and setup that could get in the way of getting the hang of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Dr. Finn from the KS comments a few days ago:

Quote:
Also, the 14+ is not a typo. I choose to put 14+ on all my boxes to avoid the associated hassles of importing games from China that are "intended for children." There's a lot of rules and this is the easiest path. Since I don't sell most of my games on store shelves, it's not too big of a problem.

Many many many games are doing this exact thing. No point, really, into going by ages on boxes anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricris Villareal
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks guys, that's all good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricris Villareal
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my girls enjoyed the 2 games that we've played so far. One is actually pretty good at it and loves the game. Thanks, Dr. Finn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Likely a legal liability issue and nothing more.

I also don't know anyone who reads an age range and decides that the age on the box is non-negotiable. You are (or should be) the best moderator for what your children can and can't play with.

Now - if it was game called, "Shiny Balls of Real Mercury and Live Fire Ants" you might need to think twice - 14+ or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.