Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyGoose wrote:

Awesome, their enthusiasm is infection . I'm looking forward to bring out my copy.

"Their enthusiasm is infection" - really Morten?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea. I demoed the game a lot at GenCon and the overall energy of the groups was amazing. I am not always the best at remebering to pull out my phone and get pictures though. This was around 10pm and this group had just wandered by and found me. Since it was the only demo I was running at the time (the scheduled demos ended at 5 and we were usually running 3-4 demos at a time) I had more time to just sit back, relax and enjoy watching them play. I knew it was going to be close at the end, the way it had been with most of our groups, so I pulled out my phone . This video still gives me the chills. Everyone at GenCon was great. It was a really fun experience watching people fall in love with something we created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyGoose wrote:
Yea. I demoed the game a lot at GenCon and the overall energy of the groups was amazing. I am not always the best at remebering to pull out my phone and get pictures though. This was around 10pm and this group had just wandered by and found me. Since it was the only demo I was running at the time (the scheduled demos ended at 5 and we were usually running 3-4 demos at a time) I had more time to just sit back, relax and enjoy watching them play. I knew it was going to be close at the end, the way it had been with most of our groups, so I pulled out my phone . This video still gives me the chills. Everyone at GenCon was great. It was a really fun experience watching people fall in love with something we created.

I only had one day at GenCon and needed to talk to multiple people (including A.J.) so I didn't have time to play any games, but Salvation Road was definitely one of the games I really wanted to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like co-ops you will probably like it. If you like tough co-ops you will almost definately like it. Salvation Road makes you think, and your strategy has to evolve based on your end goals, resources available to you and current situation. Sometimes time is your enemy. Other times it is the marauders. Sometimes you take a lot of wounds. All situations you can overcome, but you need to figure out how to deal with each. And it will change based on the resources you need for the road and the characters you have at your disposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyGoose wrote:
If you like co-ops you will probably like it. If you like tough co-ops you will almost definately like it. Salvation Road makes you think, and your strategy has to evolve based on your end goals, resources available to you and current situation. Sometimes time is your enemy. Other times it is the marauders. Sometimes you take a lot of wounds. All situations you can overcome, but you need to figure out how to deal with each. And it will change based on the resources you need for the road and the characters you have at your disposal.

I like my coops/solos tough as nails .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you like solo games too, I am very confident you will like Salvation Road. Ricky Royal did a great solo playthrough that will give you a good feel for the game. We made one small change since the video (rest automatically removes a wound) which would have made a big difference in his gameplay, and he was playing with prototype components. But it will still give you a great feel for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.