Deep Space D-6» Forums » Rules

Subject: unassigned dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an unassigned die (eg, a commander), are you allowed to save it for the next turn without re-rolling it (as if it were a locked die)?

Or do you have to re-roll both assigned AND unassigned dice, in addition to returned dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's a use it or lose it situation.
If you don't assign it to a card you need to reroll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be re-rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason for this is because allowing players to save unassigned crew can lead to dangerous power creep. For example, saving up 5 tactical units to get a huge payout with the Halcyon's lasers. Additionally, by not re-rolling you are denying the chance for a threat to be detected, making the game a whole lot easier.

And lastly, it introduces far too many hedge cases and opportunities to exploit the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.