$15.00
$5.00
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I first played this at Origins and thought it was great and something that was definitely on my radar. Today, I was at Gen Con with my wife and son and they thought it was pretty amazing too.

Thing is, all of us have only played the giant, oversized convention version. We wandered over to where they were selling it and, well, it looked so very small...

So for those of you who've picked it up, were we just overwhelmed by the oversized version? Are the pieces in the home version disappointingly small?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Finley
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
WHO-DEY!
badge
2015 AFC North Champs!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Size queen.

The retail version is extremely fun. I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what is the size difference between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to say that the big pieces are around 3x bigger? I know the guy demoing it at Origins told me, but I can't recall if it was more than 3x. It is at least 3x...

And, Jason, if being a size queen is wrong, do any of us want to be right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I saw the giant version of Vikings on Board, I was immediately interested--until I realized the actual game was the tiny thing on the shelf behind it. These giant games do have a lot of appeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the giant convention game as well. I would describe the two versions as "differently fun". There seems to be more delicacy required in the standard version but it was certainly no less fun.

The standard sized version also easily fit our game table and I think we would have had to strategically choose a table for the larger game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.