Popular Tags: [View All]
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the maniac ever going to be able to get maniac tokens after the second round? He can't kill campers and they start with five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You can count dead corpse on the board and live campers (5 of course)and make a difference, in any case if the cCampers not take Maniac in Chapter 2, Maniac take a special token (Invisible).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree there doesn't seem to be any way for the Maniac to take any additional tokens at the end of that round other than the invisible due to escaping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is true, but MUST escape for take a fundamental "Invisible" token for advantage in the next chapter :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geremy wrote:
This is true, but MUST escape for take a fundamental "Invisible" token for advantage in the next chapter :-)

But is that a sufficient incentive for playing the entire round? The maniac might do better to commit suicide early and prevent the campers from burying bodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Geremy wrote:

But is that a sufficient incentive for playing the entire round? The maniac might do better to commit suicide early and prevent the campers from burying bodies.

That is the same problem with that round that I talked about in my review. If the maniac didn't get terror points in the first round he can't get another axe until possibly the end of the 3rd round, and those chances are much less if they buried a lot of bodies in round 2. In my experience if the Maniac can't open a 2nd cabin, his chances are much slimmer to escape in round 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
unhandyandy wrote:
Geremy wrote:

That is the same problem with that round that I talked about in my review. If the maniac didn't get terror points in the first round he can't get another axe until possibly the end of the 3rd round, and those chances are much less if they buried a lot of bodies in round 2. In my experience if the Maniac can't open a 2nd cabin, his chances are much slimmer to escape in round 4.

I agree completely. I even posted a separate thread regarding the balance and it was stated the game is supposed to be extremely difficult for the maniac. I honestly dont see how campers that know the abilities and rules well, wont be able to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually did win as the Maniac, but only when I was able to get tokens back at the end of the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igotdvds wrote:

I agree completely. I even posted a separate thread regarding the balance and it was stated the game is supposed to be extremely difficult for the maniac. I honestly dont see how campers that know the abilities and rules well, wont be able to win.

But even beyond the question of balance, the incentives in chapter 2 seem completely perverse: the maniac wants to commit a quick suicide while the campers want to keep him alive till they bury the bodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Walker
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 2 seem to bring up the most debate in the group, they planned to get rid of bodies, and hunt down clues..

I been thinking of some house rules for it such as depending on how long the maniac is alive in round 2 like 1 to 5 gets 1 token back, 6 to 10 gets 2 tokens back, 11 to 15 gets 3 tokens back. make it to 15 invisible token + 3 tokens back.

That gives motivation for both teams to go after, also maybe some clues could be dead bodies to help increase the body count maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.