Subject: What to do with unpaid order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This description said to post questions about the marketplace here.

What's the general barrier to payment? Is there a certain amount of time before I just void the sale? I'm waiting on payment for the buyer and haven't received anything despite two or three geekmessages.

Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:

What's the general barrier to payment? Is there a certain amount of time before I just void the sale? I'm waiting on payment for the buyer and haven't received anything despite two or three geekmessages.

Any advice?

You might try sending a message to the buyer's e-mail account, and not just a geek mail. Many buyers, especially those who are new users, don't actually check their geek mail here.

If they don't respond to an e-mail message after 2-3 days either, then I'd just go ahead and cancel the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:

Any advice?

Yes, you should typically decide what your time from confirmation of sale to payment should be, then make sure its in the listing, so the communication and expectations are clear. If they don't pay within that time frame, cancel and relist. What that time frame is depends on you. Personally, I use three days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.