Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm getting pretty excited about this game-I know it won't see the light of day until at least 2017, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it quite a bit right now-the crossover with Middara, another game I've backed and cannot wait to get, stepped up my anticipation for this game even more.

So a question: a bit off-topic, I know...what are some of your favorite vampire books? One reason I bring it up is because I just got done reading a book that recently came out by Christopher Buehleman called The Suicide Motor Club that I found to be one of the best written of the genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course there's Anne Rice's "Inteview with a Vampire" series, kind of the go to for everyone vampire-ish. Lately though, I've really been liking Kevin Hearne's "Iron Druid Chronicles". It's not specifically vampires but there are vampires in it, and around the 5th book they become a key part of the series.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without a doubt Richard Matheson's "I Am Legend."

I knew various movies had been made based on it, but I hadn't seen any of them prior to reading the book.

I started in the afternoon and before I knew it it as nearly 4 am and I had to go to work in a handful of hours, but like hell was I going to put it down!

It's stuck with me a lot over the years too. One of the very few books that I will purposefully reread every couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read too many, to be honest I haven't read as much as I'd like to the last few years, however the Sonja Blue books by Nancy A. Collins were pretty cool when I read them in the 90s. Sunglasses after Dark; In The Blood; Paint It Black. They were a modern take on vampires. Sonja Blue was very "punk" culture and that spoke to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Waters
msg tools
The Strain Trilogy definately check those out. Also if your into anime manga highly recommend Vampire Hunter D Novels ( there are like 20 some >< And if you are into Tabletop gaming you can check out Vampire The Masquerade and as luck would have it there is a lot on sale on humble bundle at this link https://www.humblebundle.com/books/vampire-masquerade-rpg-bu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
illiterate bookworm wrote:

I knew various movies had been made based on it, but I hadn't seen any of them prior to reading the book.

Never read it, but the Will Smith movie was of such a quality that I never wanted to. I know it's supposed to be an excellent book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Councilofthevoid wrote:
illiterate bookworm wrote:

Never read it, but the Will Smith movie was of such a quality that I never wanted to. I know it's supposed to be an excellent book.

It's a short book too, so worth the read.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

By John Steakly. Was the book that prompted the John Carpenter movie.

Great book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.