GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,824 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone played the six hour campaign yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Niederman
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
It looks really cool with the six suspects and all that, but all I really want to know is if the culprit actually changes when you play a game, or will it always be the same person. Like, how repayable is it really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if the culprit did not change, it would be a waste of long campaign.

We can compare both site and culprit:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Site: Residential area.
Culprits: Joyce and Blake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I would hope that it randomises the culprit, but with that said if it doesn't I hope I didn't spoil it for myself by clicking the spoiler box above. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
It does change the culprits and location every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it solo. Lost to survivor elimination after exploring two locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it would take a lot of work, but I wish/hope the Persons move around a bit and do/say other things even when they're NOT a cultist.

I'm worried I'm going to know who ISN'T the cultist just based on seeing them do the same things in the same places in my 2nd playthrough. I really loved the scenario on the 1st playthrough though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost from sanity loss, and really thought the scenario sucked. Played with two investigators. You really need some way to heal sanity for this scenario, and none of my characters had that, the only thing I found was a bottle of whiskey. Was I just really unlucky in not finding anything else to heal sanity with? Also it really felt like two investigators couldn't cover enough ground, even when splitting up (which I did all the time) but maybe that's just me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
I lost from sanity loss, and really thought the scenario sucked. Played with two investigators. You really need some way to heal sanity for this scenario, and none of my characters had that, the only thing I found was a bottle of whiskey. Was I just really unlucky in not finding anything else to heal sanity with? Also it really felt like two investigators couldn't cover enough ground, even when splitting up (which I did all the time) but maybe that's just me?

I agree, and this is what happened to me. I didn't think it sucked, I had a lot of fun, but I really don't recommend playing this one with two investigators. Next time I play it solo I'm going in with 4. The covering ground thing is less an issue I think - I don't think you're supposed to necessarily see everything in one playthrough, and I think the timer might be scaled to the number of investigators anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CletusVanDamme wrote:
riboAWEsome wrote:

I agree, and this is what happened to me. I didn't think it sucked, I had a lot of fun, but I really don't recommend playing this one with two investigators. Next time I play it solo I'm going in with 4. The covering ground thing is less an issue I think - I don't think you're supposed to necessarily see everything in one playthrough, and I think the timer might be scaled to the number of investigators anyway.

That's probably true, will try it with more investigators some time.

Why I was disappointed was probably because you don't fight any enemies until the end (or what I believe was the end, died before I could defeat the enemies at the summoning due to horror loss) and that I felt like I had no way to mitigate much of the horror loss (since many mythos effects didn't have any "negates" tests and I couldn't heal the loss after that). I guess I just felt like I couldn't win because I had no opportunity to actually effect the constant horror loss (I.e. it felt like the game played me and I had no agency).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
CletusVanDamme wrote:
riboAWEsome wrote:

That's probably true, will try it with more investigators some time.

Why I was disappointed was probably because you don't fight any enemies until the end (or what I believe was the end, died before I could defeat the enemies at the summoning due to horror loss) and that I felt like I had no way to mitigate much of the horror loss (since many mythos effects didn't have any "negates" tests and I couldn't heal the loss after that). I guess I just felt like I couldn't win because I had no opportunity to actually effect the constant horror loss (I.e. it felt like the game played me and I had no agency).

Part of playing this game is finding out which investigators work best for which scenarios. Now you've played once, you know you need someone who can deal with horror, so maybe take Carolyn Fern along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cart
msg tools
I was a play tester, though only played this scenario once, with 4 investigators. We absolutely loved it thematically, though had to break it into a couple of sessions due to its length. Fortunately it has convenient stopping points. Anyway, we found the end a bit too easy, though that might have changed since when we play-tested it. A fantastic scenario though...much more of a moody mystery style with less emphasis on combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CabotArt wrote:
I was a play tester, though only played this scenario once, with 4 investigators. We absolutely loved it thematically, though had to break it into a couple of sessions due to its length. Fortunately it has convenient stopping points. Anyway, we found the end a bit too easy, though that might have changed since when we play-tested it. A fantastic scenario though...much more of a moody mystery style with less emphasis on combat

:O Too easy! Haha, we only used 2 investigators (Jenny Barnes & Ashcan Pete) and found the mystery element easy (super fun as well) but the final confrontation was VERY hard. There were only 2 of us, but 8 monster + 3 puzzles to contend with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.