Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: How many cycles a year? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Notelteirs
msg tools
Is there any news (or rumors) on how many cycles per year we will see for Destiny?

And if every cycle comes with it's own starter?

I'm very curious to know. Personally I hope not too many cycles. 2 a year I think would be fine. Statistically speaking it already costs a huge amount of money to get all the cards (and two dice for every card that can have it) that even the serious gamers would have enough with only two cycles.

Less cycles per year also means easier and smoother distribution. Especially for the global market.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think two sets a year is a good guess. One set a year doesn't sound like FFG. X-wing, and armada tend to get two waves a year, lcgs sort of get two cycles, or one cycle and one big box. I'd be surprised if they did more that 2 sets a year for destiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question to the FFG forum members. Personally, I agree that 2 sets/cycles per year is a good figure and that each set should come with 2 starter sets.

Most of the people on FFG forums said they suspect 3 per year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping and expecting 3. Given the size of this first set I'd like to see 170 card base set with 2 100 card expansion sets per year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.