Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched Bower's GenCon coverage and saw the production sample. It looks very nice!

At the same time added content looks like it should fit in the base box. At the same time it would be a shame to throw away such a nice looking box, so I'm wondering will it fit in the base box so that the long edge of expansion box rests against short edge on the base box? That way miniatures can go on the map and all the Resources and tokens in expansion box that all fits nicely in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey has said the contents of the expansion won't fit in the base game box. And I can confirm, my base box is filled, no room for more. Unless you ditch the mech holders, and bag the plastic instead. Then you could probably fit the contents in.

As for the whole box, I don't see how that would work, though if it did it would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify what I imagined is something like you see in some foamcore inserts, where you can pull out a part of it to use, otherwise it fits tightly in the box. Expansion box could be something like that.

My components are somewhat thrown in there at the moment, but it feels like there is still some room for expansion contents, especially cardboard.
I agree that miniatures in their original holders might be the hardest part to fit in, but there are solutions for that (like bagging them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert for the expansion was designed to fit into the base game box. It'll be quite tight with the Collector's and Art Editions, but it and the other components will definitely fit in the other editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,

Is there any chance you have any of the well known insert companies (i.e. Broken Token, Meeple Realty, Game Trayz) reach out to you with intentions to make an insert for base game + expansion? I thought maybe they may ask you in advance for dimensions or quantity of components to know they have things accounted for.

I know Insert Here has one out already for the base game incorporating you existing miniature tray, but I could see getting an fancier design for both base & expansion that may require not using those trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The insert for the expansion was designed to fit into the base game box. It'll be quite tight with the Collector's and Art Editions, but it and the other components will definitely fit in the other editions.

Where would it fit in the collector's edition? I'm not being combative, I'm genuinely curious, as I have no room left in my box. Does it require getting rid of the plastic holder for the minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy: Sure, all of those companies have been in touch with me. I don't endorse any company over the other, but any of them are welcome to try to fit an insert into the Scythe box.

James: We managed to fit everything (including the art book) into the same size box as the Collector's Edition, so there should be about 14mm to spare. The box lid wouldn't be tight if you put the expansion content in that box, though. Honestly, it's just probably not going to fit all that well into the Collector's Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
James: We managed to fit everything (including the art book) into the same size box as the Collector's Edition, so there should be about 14mm to spare. The box lid wouldn't be tight if you put the expansion content in that box, though. Honestly, it's just probably not going to fit all that well into the Collector's Edition.

So the content of the expansion, should fit into the collector's edition, but the box itself probably won't? Or am I misreading your comment?

For the record, I'm not at all of the mind that the expansion box and all should or would fit into the base game, but I would love to be able to fit the contents into one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
So the content of the expansion, should fit into the collector's edition, but the box itself probably won't? Or am I misreading your comment?

The box definitely won't. But the components inside of the expansion box might fit into the Collector's Edition if the CE's box lid is raised up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.