Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
I see someone answered our producing workers in a village hex already, so will move onto the other questions:

1) Is there any reason to have more than one Mech or Character in a battle? They don't add anything to the combat value generated, so can't see any reason for more than one Mech to be involved in a battle.
If there's no workers in the battle hex, there's no point to having a Character and a Mech in the same battle either as AFAIK.

2) When you take an action, you can only do that once, correct? You can't pay the cost a 2nd time to gain the benefit additional times in the same round.

3) What's the point of the partial map on the back of the mapboard? If you have two copies, could you combine them for a larger play area?

Enjoyed the first go-around and will certainly try it again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
1.) Multiple combatants (mechs or character) allow for multiple Combat Cards to by played.

2.) You can only perform an action one time per turn.

3.) The partial map is a larger version of the same map. With the map extention you can make a larger play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
3.) The partial map is a larger version of the same map. With the map extention you can make a larger play area.

The extended map is an optional extra; many kickstarter backers opted for it when it was offered as an add-on, I bet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
You folks are fast! Thanks for the answers; we'll be trying this one again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rutter
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bsets wrote:
I see someone answered our producing workers in a village hex already, so will move onto the other questions:

1) Is there any reason to have more than one Mech or Character in a battle? They don't add anything to the combat value generated, so can't see any reason for more than one Mech to be involved in a battle.
If there's no workers in the battle hex, there's no point to having a Character and a Mech in the same battle either as AFAIK.

As people have already stated - you can play one combat card per Mech and/or Character involved.

This is a pic from my last game - Polonia, despite having all 4 Mechs and Anna on the factory, could play up to 5 combat cards; they only had 3 cards at the time. I attacked with 3 Chrimean Mechs, I only had 2 combat cards however my faction ability meant I stole one of the Polonian combat cards meaning they could only play two and I could play three.

I won

Nordic ended the game two rotations later after attacking my undefended territories...they won alas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That shot also shows the benefit of the ginomous board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice pic ! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.