ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys!

I am after your collective wisdom, I have created a facebook group to allow the 6 or different gaming groups public and otherwise in my small town to have a chance to meet up and play games and we have just started a monthly public meet in a pub.

Once we get rolling I want to announce it publicly to share the hobby and bring in new people. I know the hosts will have to babysit and play gateway games, that is all good.

What phrases, images, posters have you used to spread the word?
There is only Waterstones in town and only hobby / comic shops in the next town over, but there are active facebook groups for the small clusters.

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speshul wrote:
Hi Guys!

I am after your collective wisdom, I have created a facebook group to allow the 6 or different gaming groups public and otherwise in my small town to have a chance to meet up and play games and we have just started a monthly public meet in a pub.

Once we get rolling I want to announce it publicly to share the hobby and bring in new people. I know the hosts will have to babysit and play gateway games, that is all good.

What phrases, images, posters have you used to spread the word?
There is only Waterstones in town and only hobby / comic shops in the next town over, but there are active facebook groups for the small clusters.

Thank you in advance.
Show images of games that are NOT of mass market stuff, but more so the games you'd like to play.

If you have photos, see if folks are fine of getting pictures of women to show that it's not just some "boys club".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what you are doing maybe try to post printed homemade posters and put them in places where you see people post for small events or help wanted or for sale signs like at the local grocery store or pharmacy or FLGS or on a college campus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on making a few posters to put up in the local library as well as getting a few snappy images or phrases for similar groups to tweet or share on facebook.

Just working on what to say or do to attract non gamers or steal retired Warhammer players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Board gaming! It ain't your Grand Daddy's Monopoly anymore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.