GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

DungeonQuest Revised Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Dungeon Quest 3D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I share a workmate's friends 3D dungeon quest project she has been working on over the summer holiday, it is still in beta testing (for how well it it is incorporated into the game play) and has yet to be fully painted. When I saw I was wowed at the time and effort she put in, looks great to. What you think? Any idea she could use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wow that's insane!
Presumably you have to still blind draw the cardboard map tiles to maintain the randomness before replacing with the 3D models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the tiles are drawn then replaced with the appropriate 3D room.

She still working on a design to create the bottomless pit chanmbers and ideas for maybe a dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is she 3d Printing these? Pretty impressive. I'm doing something similar with my "Wrath of Ashardalon" tiles (except I'm casting them in dental plaster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krztoff wrote:
Is she 3d Printing these? Pretty impressive. I'm doing something similar with my "Wrath of Ashardalon" tiles (except I'm casting them in dental plaster).

Each different chamber is 3D printed as a mould and then she uses Polyurethane resin to cast all the rooms needed. The extra stuff like the deck holders, sun token, character card holder etc are all 3D printed as the component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's entirely possible that nobody on earth loves this game more than she does. So that's something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krztoff wrote:
It's entirely possible that nobody on earth loves this game more than she does. So that's something

Not possible - I'm in the lead there.
Had the old GW version since about 90 or 91 and loved it since. Saved up my dough to buy it. At that point, I had never paid 35 bucks for a game before, and thought it was terribly expensive.

This set up is drool-worthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Muir
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Does she plan to share her models somewhere if we want to follow in her footsteps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only say W O W !!!! Thats like Christmas for me ! Thank you for an insight on this. That looks super fun and like a masterpiece.

I wish you a good new year guys (all to you!).

Man i love this game and thats really really a fine way to play the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epengr wrote:
Awesome!

Does she plan to share her models somewhere if we want to follow in her footsteps?

Unfortunately and I don't know the reason why, I have been told she isn't sharing the file designs. As for selling a set I think price is too high for that, something in the region of 300 quid (cost of material and time involved), but I guess if theres someone rich enough.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.