Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 7 light blue is only 5 and the 20 INF and 8 tanks numbers were off...sorry I can't list the exact numbers because as I set up the game I lost track of exactly how much the numbers were off.

Just a small typo..I assume the map locations are correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ready to start soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The 3 yellow, the 7 light blue and the 18 white
corps (20 Infantry and 8 Tanks) over the specific
icon on the mapboard. Of these 28 Blocks, 13
(10 Infantry and 3 Tanks) are Remnants, which
are randomly selected and deployed.

We have a similar question. On our count we have 11 infantry blocks with "R" ( 7 white, 2 light blue and 2 yellow ) and 3 tank blocks with "R" ( 2 white and 1 light yellow ) for a total of 14 Remnant units, not 13. Is it a typo to the number of infantry remnants? It should be 11 not 10?

The next question is that what does the sentence "which are randomly selected and deployed" refer? Does it refer to the 28 units should be randomly selected and deployed according to the initial icon set up on the map? Or, does it refer to randomly select the 13 out of the 28 as remnants and then deployed on the map randomly on the map?

My opponent says that since the rule specifies what is a remnant, those units with an "R" as the last step, the sentence should refer to random deployment on the map only, not the random units having a single step remaining.

It might help if the designer can clarify his intention. The language of English is sometimes not as precise/ clear as we would have thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In point #8 of page 24, the soviets have to setup:
- 3 yellow corps: 3 Infantry (2 of them are Remnants).
- 7 light blue corps: 5 Infantry (2 of them are Remnants) and 2 Tanks (1 of them is Remnant).
- 18 white corps: 12 Infantry (7 of them are Remnants) and 6 Tanks (2 of them are Remnants).
TOTAL: 28 blocks. 20 Infantry and 8 Tanks. 14 Remnants.
So, there are 14 Remnants, not 13. The rest of point #8 of page 24 is right.
You have to keep in mind that the 3 white army blocks are setup in point #6, and the 2 white airborne corps are setup in point #7. So, these 5 soviet white blocks don't count for point #8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:

The next question is that what does the sentence "which are randomly selected and deployed" refer? Does it refer to the 28 units should be randomly selected and deployed according to the initial icon set up on the map? Or, does it refer to randomly select the 13 out of the 28 as remnants and then deployed on the map randomly on the map?

My opponent says that since the rule specifies what is a remnant, those units with an "R" as the last step, the sentence should refer to random deployment on the map only, not the random units having a single step remaining.

It might help if the designer can clarify his intention. The language of English is sometimes not as precise/ clear as we would have thought.

You have to take the 28 blocks and group them by color and type. So, you'll have these groups:
- Yellow Infantry: 3 blocks.
- Light Blue Infantry: 5 blocks.
- Light Blue Tanks: 2 blocks.
- White Infantry: 12 blocks.
- White Tanks: 6 blocks.
Then, for each icon on the map, you randomly take a block from the group that match in color and type. If the block has an "R", you deploy it at minimum strenght. Otherwise, you deploy it at full strenght.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaxte wrote:

So, there are 14 Remnants, not 13. The rest of point #8 of page 24 is right.

In addition, there are eleven infantry blocks, not ten... Right sentence would be: "Of these 28 Blocks, 14 (eleven Infantry and three Tanks) are Remnants".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.