Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks to be a very nice game with impressive artwork, particularly for a self-funded project.

However, having just read the rules, I was a bit concerned with the replayability. The game comes with 64 World and 36 Quest cards but in the Scenario Phase it states that 'When a deck is completely face-up no more scenarios of that type can occur for the rest of the game'.

This kind of implies that during a game you might cycle through quite a lot of cards and therefore you will frequently see the same scenarios again in following games.

Does this detract from a story driven game such as this or do the scenarios cards or other game mechanics take this into account?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Hi John, thanks for the compliments on the game.

I wrote that rule very early on in the event all the players decide to stay on the same type of World Location for the entire game. Realistically, in all the playtests, we never went through an entire deck.

To give you a better idea on replayability, a game with 4 players will go through a maximum of 20 different World and Quest Scenarios. You should be able to play 2-3 games per Villain (3) with very little duplication.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, that's sounds a bit more encouraging.

Could you post individual photos of one of each type of the Scenario cards so that I can get a better feel for what goes on?

Cheers,
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Hi John,

Here are the introduction scenes for a World Scenario and a Quest Scenario. A key feature to remember: when playing the game, another player should be reading the card to you.

For this World Scenario, you will have to make a choice. Depending on what you decide to do, the other player will then read the relevant section on the rest of the card and you'll resolve the consequences.

Nearly all Quest Scenarios have two parts. In this first part, you must pass a Test. The other player will then read the relevant Success/ Failure part of the card. If you passed the Test, the player will then read the second scene out to you where there will be a second Test, combat, or a choice.

cheers,

Gordon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gordon, I was actually hoping to see the full cards but I can understand why you want to keep the images spoiler free.

Do you have any preorder system for Essen or any promos?

(PS I've just realised that if I expand one of the posted images to it's highest resolution I can read some of the cards!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Hi John, yes there's an image with some of the full cards. Let me know if that works for you. I have a preorder system on the official website, which would be fulfilled by Amazon when the first shipment arrives. The manufacturer is shipping this week and the ETA is mid-September.

For Spiel, I'm simply taking down names and setting boxes aside for those interested in securing a game in advance.

Cheers,

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing 3 games in a row I have to say that the replay value is really limited here.

The decks for the World senario cards are simply too small. I have read (and listened to) the realm cards completetly.

It is nice to have a huge variatey of the Quest scenario cards but this game cries for expansions according to the World scenario cards.

Nonetheless it is a cool game and I hope that you have the chance to push out some expansions for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.