Subject: Anyone watch "The Night Of" last night? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
(Ep 5, Season of the Witch)
I was very confused b/c
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I was sure I saw Naz get passed and swallow 3 8-balls. So why in that other scene are both him and Petey saying 4? Are they just trying to do a suspenseful reveal to the audience? Or is Naz mis-remembering b/c of the stress and Petey is just fucking with him? I like the show, but that scene/sub-plot just didn't really work for me, b/c of that weirdness and also b/c of the contrived timing - what if Naz's lawyers hadn't happened to visit right at that time? (I guess Naz could have requested that time from them, but I'd be surprised a prisoner has that ability).

Other than those nitpics I'm really digging the show, it's like a spiritual successor to The Wire. Huge John Turturro fan and this is a magnus opus role for him. Also I'm finding very interesting the parallels with the real life Adnan Syed (sp?) case in Serial. Especially in the last ep where in one episode,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
new suspicion is cast on Naz due to his amphetamine use, at the same time as a very likely new suspect is discovered in Duane Read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who watches it the night of these days?

That's why I own a Tivo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Who watches it the night of these days?

That's why I own a Tivo.

You didn't watch The Night Of the night of?

Actually we watched it on our AppleTV so we can watch it any time - but it's just such a good show that we want to watch it as soon as it's available! But it's nice to be able to pause it to let the dog out etc.

Did the same thing for Game of Thrones, when it was in that timeslot. It's a nice Sunday night ritual to end the weekend...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.