Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys-
I bought my copy during GenCon and notice that the board has flaws. There are bumps on one of the quadrants of the board. (One of the sea sections) While the image looks fine, it is not smooth and applying pressure does not remove them.
It is sort of like there is something under the image.

Is this a completely flawed print run? Or did I just get unlucky?
(I have written to Blue Orange for a replacement, but got curious as to the frequency of this issue.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
My board's perfect. You must have just been unlucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
I've personally looked at around 50 boards and have not seen the issue you are reporting. Hopefully we will have a new board to you soon, but feel free to follow up with me via GeekMail if you have any issues getting your replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:
I've personally looked at around 50 boards and have not seen the issue you are reporting. Hopefully we will have a new board to you soon, but feel free to follow up with me via GeekMail if you have any issues getting your replacement.

Thanks.
I've been asked to email a photo in so need to finish unpacking and get that sent ASAP.
Hopefully it goes smoothly after that. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours looks great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueOrange is making it all right.

Definitely a company I want to keep my eyes on due to the great interactions I had with them both when demoing and then buying the game and now after the fact when I am receiving a replacement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.