Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Forman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luna is new to me and I'm just really getting started learning the game. I played the solo version yesterday and I'm wondering what a decent score is? I scored 34 (my score - AI). Any other scores out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Er, either you're way better than me, or we're playing by different rules. I have played six solo games so far, and I've only beat the AI once. That was just by a few points. In the other games I've lost by up to 12 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. lol. Again, I'm new to the game and perhaps I messed up the scoring. I used the scoring system in the base game for my points - for my shrines, for being on the priestess island at the end of a round, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are your novices being displaced when the "opponent's" novices land next to them in the temple (with points to the "opponent")? Are you allowing the "opponent" a chance to take the book token from you during each turn (with a point to him)? Are you exempting the "opponent" from the Apostate penalty? Are you moving the Apostate to the next island with your novices present? Are you giving the "opponent" a shrine whenever he has an active novice with the Master Builder at the end of a round? These are a few of the possible points where missing them would undermine the AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I did everything you mentioned except for giving the "opponent" a shrine. I'll have to play through again.
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible that I'm missing something important too. I've heard people say that Luna solitaire is easy, but I haven't found it to be so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
It's possible that I'm missing something important too. I've heard people say that Luna solitaire is easy, but I haven't found it to be so.

Yeah I didn't find it that easy either, which is good!
I only played 2 solo plays at level 1 so far, 1st one was a tie-win and 2nd one barely managed to win.
I guess it would become easier if you focus on preventing the AI from scoring big time rather than focusing on your strategy, at which point then I might try level 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.