1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Storage help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Slater
Canada
flag msg tools
Any ideas how to store this beast? Once the models have been put in their bases, I really have no clue how to get it all in the box. I took the star spawn models out, and it fits, but surely there must be a way to get it all in there...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Bonte
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best way is just to toss the insert,
or modify it and keep it on the bottom for the artwork, that's how I do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the joys and heartaches of owning fantasy flight games, figuring out how to store them. Unfortunately there is no definitive answer so you may just have to get creative. I don't have 2nd edition yet, so I can't speak to how I will manage it, but for 1st edition I was able to pack everything into the 3 main boxes (core and 2 expansions).

And as mentioned, the inserts are useless. Just work with the box by itself unless you want to make use of the insert for the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping all the components other than minis in the 2nd edition box and all the minis in the 1st edition. Moved all the other 1st edition components in to a cardboard box stored elsewhere.

Obviously that's no help if you don't have 1st edition though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you just have 2nd Ed. box you probably will either have to leave out the two Star Spawn (like I use to do with the Dark Young from 1st Ed.) or get a tackle or tool box to store them.

I have all the 1st Ed. stuff, so what I am doing is putting the game itself in the 2nd Ed. box. (all small chits and dice in a small tackle box in the bottom of the box) The big and tall monsters in the 1st Ed. box(along with some smaller for fill) and then those that didn't fit in that box go in the Call of the Wild box.

For all my HeroScape, Battle Tech, and D&D board game Mini's I ended up just getting a bi-level plastic tool box to store them. That way I only have to drag out the game box and a tool box (except for D&D, I have to also bring out a large card box with that beast)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the box was way too big :S by far the biggest one I have.
But I guess I am wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
I'm keeping all the components other than minis in the 2nd edition box and all the minis in the 1st edition. Moved all the other 1st edition components in to a cardboard box stored elsewhere.

Are you able to get All the monster mini's in the 2nd Ed. box? I was not able to do that. If so, could you post a pic to show how you organized them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:

Are you able to get All the monster mini's in the 2nd Ed. box? I was not able to do that. If so, could you post a pic to show how you organized them?

I've had to do a little bit of stacking on some of the bases. I'll post a pic later tonight when I get home from work to show you. If you want them to all be flat on the bottom of the box then it definintely isn't big enough. Also I don't have Call of the Wild...just the 1st edition base set and Forbidden Alchemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Taylor
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first edition I used a Plano double layer tool storage box I got for like $10. It stored all of the components from first edition, I just kept the map tiles in the box along with instructions.

I am wondering though, I have the second edition on the way. Assuming I simply assimilate the monsters, characters, and the tiles, will I need more space? I was wondering how big this edition is. Seems like there are less tokens overall, and roughly the same amount of cards and miniatures.

Will I need to upgrade my storage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my 1e in a large Plano-type box. Fortunately 2e fit in there with it as well! Box is tossed!

Rulebook are put in a separate binder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Slater
Canada
flag msg tools
Great replies. I hate tossing things, like the insert. I'm skeptical I can fit it all in the box even after tossing the insert, but I'll give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Middle section has:

Large tiles
All tokens
Dice
All cards, sleeved, in small ziplock bags
Investigator miniatures in a ziplock bag
Star Spawn miniatures at the end.

Underneath one insert side, all the small tiles.
Underneath the other insert side, all the other miniatures, first laid out in rows one miniature after the other, and then with more miniatures placed with their bases half on the base of one miniature, and half on the base of the next. Not a great way of describing it but hopefully you see what I mean.

Rulebooks on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Taylor
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome, should work for me then, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You think this is bad, try finding room for 1st edition monsters as well if you want to bring them over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hiraki
Netherlands
Heeswijk-Dinther
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created an custom inlay so I can use the 2e edition with the first edition and the 2 expansions. They all fix in the 2 master boxes. All the stuff I do not need I putted in the box of the expansions.

You can check it at http://www.foamcore.nl/MansionsofMadness/

Marco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
As I do with all my FFG big box games I take the insert out and glue it to the inside of the box, that way I get double the space without losing the nice image within . For the tokens and such I used a plastic container with small compartments .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiji wrote:
I created an custom inlay so I can use the 2e edition with the first edition and the 2 expansions. They all fix in the 2 master boxes. All the stuff I do not need I putted in the box of the expansions.

Marco

Impressive craftsmanship I wouldn't know where to begin making that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I hope to buy a custom insert, just gotta wait until some are available i guess.

I have a great one for Caverna!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiji wrote:

Marco

Awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the second edition, but all the tokens fit into one of these https://smile.amazon.com/Craft-Lockable-Double-Organizer-Com... and it just fits under the side of the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My solution: foamboard to the rescue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
As I do with all my FFG big box games I take the insert out and glue it to the inside of the box, that way I get double the space without losing the nice image within .

Because of the art, FFG inserts are my favourite material for making dice towers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mansions is on the Go7 Gaming development list and should be in development within the next week or so, for those looking for a commercial solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omega Supreme
Kuwait
flag msg tools
kaiji wrote:

Marco

Nice craftsmanship!!! I really like this approach. Is it possible if you could provide us with the blueprint of your foamcore plan?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All I did was remove the insert and place all minis (already attached to their stands) in a few bargain boxes I got at Walmart for a few dollars. I don't have much issue with using multiple boxes to store everything because that's what we expect with Fantasy Flight now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.