Subject: How can the Automa character end up on the faction mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THe Automa rules mention a situation where you might move the character from the faction mat (I interpret the faction mat as the piece of cardboard where the mechs start from, correct me if I'm mistaken...). How can it ever end up there, when it starts on the board and goes to the home base if defeated? Am I missing something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Automa units retreat to the Faction card, not the home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the workers? I must have missed this... thanks Larry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the workers only retreat to the home base, just combat units for the Automa that retreat to the faction mat (I double checked when it came up in my first game, expecting them to retreat to the faction mat like the character and the mechs, but don't have the rules in front of me now...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Automa workers retreat to home base when defeated in combat. Automa mechs and character retreat to the faction mat when defeated in combat.

Rules, Page 10, Combat:

"6. If the Automa loses the combat, then retreat its combat unit (character/mech) to the faction mat instead of the home base.

Everything else, including determining the winner, reducing power, returning workers to the home base, and letting the loser gain a combat card is done as in the normal combat procedure."

This is easy miss. Might be worth checking out this thread to make sure you aren't missing any other rules:

Common Automa Mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:
Pretty sure the workers only retreat to the home base, just combat units for the Automa that retreat to the faction mat (I double checked when it came up in my first game, expecting them to retreat to the faction mat like the character and the mechs, but don't have the rules in front of me now...)

Yes, I meant to say "combat units". It is stated ion the front page of the Automa rules describing the differences between the Automa opponent and human opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to provide official confirmation: Yes, the combat units are sent to the faction mat, while the workers are sent to the home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok. So this means that if the Automata draws a character move action on it's next turn, then that is considered an illegal move since the character is not yet on the board. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xavierjackson wrote:
Ok. So this means that if the Automata draws a character move action on it's next turn, then that is considered an illegal move since the character is not yet on the board. Right?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.