Subject: Customization / Nature of Releases Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Central Valley California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pardon me if I missed this information, but do we know anything related to future release and customization format?
Is Bloodborne a stand-alone game (perhaps with another box later)
or is it more of a Living Card Game (with regular fixed releases such as monthly)?

I'm enthused it is 3 or more players, but I'd prefer this to be a one-time buy initially at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no information on future boxes.

As it stands now, there is zero customization in the box. Every hunter is exactly the same and has the same upgrade opportunities throughout the game.

I'd argue that the game isn't very expandable, anyway... the source material has so few items that most things are already covered in this box. Additionally, almost all of the monsters might as well just be numbers, since few do anything special. When playing, I don't really even notice the monster itself. It's more like, "Oh, a green 5. Okay, easy."

I like the game quite a bit, for the record. Probably sounds like I'm down on it. It's a push your luck game where the other players' actions matter, not an LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The monsters are pretty generic (except the final bosses) and everyone starts the same and has the same opportunity to get new stuff and there aren't that many unique items to get. Still, a good game that I think really needs an expansion or two for replay value IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller

Georgia
msg tools
publisher
SeanH wrote:
The CMON reps talked about an expansion that is in progress and it sounded to me like it was almost done. The monsters are pretty generic (except the final bosses) and everyone starts the same and has the same opportunity to get new stuff and there aren't that many unique items to get. Still, a good game that I think really needs an expansion or two for replay value IMHO.

Hello, everyone! Currently, there are no expansions in development for Bloodborne: The Card Game. We're sorry if someone gave you misleading info, Sean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.