Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw a tweet about the guys from the Dice Tower playing this, but otherwise haven't really seen much of anything. Did anyone demo this at Gencon? Impressions? Anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Periscope account for Dice Tower. They played a whole game online with one of the guys from FFG. In fact, here, have a link:

https://www.periscope.tv/thedicetower/1PlKQzXLQvWGE

Looks like FFG demoed it at their booth as well, judging by photos I saw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team Covenant shared a photo on Facebook and said videos were coming soon, but nothing has appeared yet. I'm not sure if they meant videos of this game specifically, or just videos of GenCon in general (of which they have posted many already).
It's also possible they were waiting until after the con for a lot of their videos so they can review and edit the footage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Check the Periscope account for Dice Tower. They played a whole game online with one of the guys from FFG. In fact, here, have a link:

https://www.periscope.tv/thedicetower/1PlKQzXLQvWGE

Looks like FFG demoed it at their booth as well, judging by photos I saw.

1 minute later... seasick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably better to just put it on in the background and listen. There's not too much text that you can read from it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you can observe is that since there aren't player-colour ships, there are several effects (including truce/negotiate/compromise) that can transfer the crown tokens between players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Taking hostages" seems to be equivalent to taking compensation, by pulling cards from a player's hand. But since each House has its own deck, the hostage is just a face down card. You can "torture" the hostage to return t to its owner for some reward instead, but I expect if you get a very useful card then you may want to hold on to it for a while so that its owner doesn't use it against you. But you want to be careful as there are many effects that will release a hostage or transfer ownership at least.

And very nice to see that Renly is on the Tyrell faction. I was a little worried he would end up on the same team with Stannis again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.