BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Any Experience With Nylon/Polyester Neoprene Sheets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Gilbert
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello Fellow DIY Gamers, this is my first post (huzzah!) and I am looking for a little guidance. I am making a gaming table top for a preexisting table and would like to use neoprene. Looking on hookloopoutlet.com and see that they have sheets of 2mm Nylon/Polyester Neoprene (http://www.hookloopoutlet.com/n20mnip.html) and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this product? If so can you please let me know what you think about about the polyester and the thickness? I know that 3mm is the norm so looking for a little guidance.

Thanks for reading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest the 3mm. I have the 5mm, a 3mm and 2mm bonded together, and find it maybe a tad to bouncy but the 2m looks like it wouldn't be soft enough and not heavy enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollie Olson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the 3mm from them and it is fantastic. I wouldn't want it any thinner than 3mm. I cut it down to fit my table and it has been in use for 6 months or so and is holding up well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.