Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
With Alex Rodriguez set to "retire" from baseball and Brett Favre giving a Hall of Fame speech, the guys on my local radio station this morning were discussing the worst athletes in all sports.
This being Canada, most of the suggestions from the listeners were hockey players. But the list of names grew and got into a rather impressive collection of out-and-out bastards in sports.

Sometimes you just hate a player because they are so good at it. And they don't play for "your" team.
I hated Wayne Gretzky until he got traded from Edmonton, after which I could admit he was damned talented. But not while he was still in Edmonton I couldn't; I hate every player in Edmonton.

Most of the people on this list, however, are famous for being talented but are terrible humans in many cases. Cheaters, fakers, arrogant and selfish.

Here's a list of 50+ athletes-- pick one of them as the person you most like to hate.
League Legend: NBA = N. American Basketball, NFL = American Football, NHL = N. American Hockey, MLB = N. American Baseball

Poll
Who among these is your most hated athlete?
  Most hated of anyone in any sport Most hated in this sport/ grouping only Really bad but there are worse Not that bad, comperatively Doesn't deserve to be on this list Never heard of them, but they are probably an a-hole
Latrell Sprewell (NBA)
LeBron James (NBA)
Gilbert Arenas (NBA)
Charles Barkley (NBA)
Dennis Rodman (NBA)
Kobe Bryant (NBA)
Michael Vick (NFL)
Chad Ochocinco (NFL)
Michael Vick (NFL)
Ben Roethlisberger (NFL)
Brett Favre (NFL)
Tyrell Owens (NFL)
Ray Rice (NFL)
Sean Avery (NHL)
Claude Lemieux (NHL)
Chris Pronger (NHL)
Dave Schultz (NHL)
Ken Linseman (NHL)
Alex Rodriguez (MLB)
Mark McGuire (MLB)
Roger Clemens (MLB)
Pete Rose (MLB)
Barry Bonds (MLB)
Ty Cobb (MLB)
Christiano Ronaldo (Football/ soccer)
Wayne Rooney (Football/ soccer)
Fernando Torres (Football/ soccer)
Zinedine Zidane (Football/ soccer)
Luis Suarez (Football/ soccer)
Andy Murray (Tennis)
John McEnroe (Tennis)
Ilie Nastase (Tennis)
Maria Sharapova (Tennis)
Serena Williams (Tennis)
Mike Tyson (Boxing)
Floyd Mayweather (Boxing)
Manny Pacquiao (Boxing)
Adrien Broner (Boxing)
Kurt Busch (Auto Racing)
Jimmie Johnson (Auto Racing)
Tony Stewart (Auto Racing)
Michael Schumacher (Auto Racing)
Sebastian Vettel (Auto Racing)
Marion Jones (Track)
Florence Griffith Joyner (Track)
Carl Lewis (Track)
Lance Armstrong (Cycling)
Floyd Landis (Cycling)
Tiger Woods (Golf)
Bubba Watson (Golf)
Phil Mickelson (Golf)
      38 answers
Poll created by MABBY

I'm sure that you'll need no encouragement to add comments with a name of someone not on this list who was a worse human being. So do that, too.

Now enjoy some almost appropriate music!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Mike Vick is such an @sshole he made the list twice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of people on that list that I'm disappointed with from their own personal choices, but not any that I hate. I don't approve of performance enhancing drugs, but that banner has gotten so broad. Also, sports is a business. I hate that honest athletes are shadowed by ones that bend and break the rules, but I don't hate the people themselves. Hating takes effort, and I'm not all about that.

Except for Floyd Mayweather. @#&*% that guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People hate Charles Barkley? I live around Philly, but I thought he was generally well liked all over. He's hilarious. My favorite of his off the court antics include: losing horribly to Martha Stewart on a Celebrity Jeopardy basketball category, jumping over a member of Team Angola during the '92 Olympics and his golf swing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have Maradona on the list, so I can't vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:
People hate Charles Barkley? I live around Philly, but I thought he was generally well liked all over. He's hilarious. My favorite of his off the court antics include: losing horribly to Martha Stewart on a Celebrity Jeopardy basketball category, jumping over a member of Team Angola during the '92 Olympics and his golf swing.

I don't hate him, but man, he does not need to be a commentator. I feel like he could do a show with Ozzy Osbourne and literally nothing intelligible would be said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualSax wrote:
WyantJM wrote:

I don't hate him, but man, he does not need to be a commentator. I feel like he could do a show with Ozzy Osbourne and literally nothing intelligible would be said.

Yeah, he's turrible at talking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Calling all Spielfrieks! It's time to vote for the Meeples Choice Awards at the Yahoo User Group!
mbmbmbmbmb
Too long a list for me to really compare the athletes. But I saw you included Ben Roethlisberger and given that he's a rapist, I feel pretty comfortable choosing him as my most hated. Based on different reports, I could also see going with Lance Armstrong or maybe even A-Rod. But I have no problem sticking with, uh, Big Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
Claude Lemieux is a tough one to answer. Is he on my team? If so, the guy is amazing. Is he on the other team? If so, he should be suspended indefinitely.

Claude Lemieux is a coward and loser and no matter what team you cheer for you should wish him to be trapped in a barrel of horse urine... but he got his comeuppance, so it's hard to vote him as most hated.

Source:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
Claude Lemieux is a tough one to answer. Is he on my team? If so, the guy is amazing. Is he on the other team? If so, he should be suspended indefinitely.

This. Exactly. (Avs fan here)

And why is Tom Brady not on this list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
There are some doozies on here. If you somehow discount the heinous things these people DID (raping, cheating, animal cruelty, ear-biting), and only look at their personalities, Clemens is #1 for me.

Note: there are a lot of people who don't think Ty Cobb was an asshole. He pretty much CREATED the genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Larry Levy wrote:
But I saw you included Ben Roethlisberger and given that he's a rapist, I feel pretty comfortable choosing him as my most hated.
ALLEGED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Larry Levy wrote:
But I saw you included Ben Roethlisberger and given that he's a rapist, I feel pretty comfortable choosing him as my most hated.
ALLEGED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Curt Schilling has a really impressive work rate for this list. Basically defrauded the state of Rhode Island and ran his company into the ground, ruining lots of people's lives along the way while being too cowardly to let them know. And he's a political booster of the most disliked presidential candidate in modern history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Ackerman
United States
Stevenson Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't Tony Stewart the guy that purposely (allegedly by the victim's family) veered his car towards that young driver and ended up killing him during a race?

I chose him as the worst ever. Also, OJ probably is the #1 answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
Also, OJ probably is the #1 answer.

Rae Carruth and Aaron Hernandez are up there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Man, I hate A-Rod. And Bonds, which is such a pity as he was a butthead but a damn good player before he had to go blatently cheating. What an a-hole. I also really despise Bud Selig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:

There was little love in OKC for Barkley after he made disparaging remarks about our town. When the Thunder made the finals our Governor presented him with custom made cowboy boots (to which he made a back handed insult to) and a huge steak from Cattleman's with a side of calf fries. Barkley, not knowing what calf fries are, gobbled them down while his cohosts politely declined his offer to share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Barkley, not knowing what calf fries are, gobbled them down while his cohosts politely declined his offer to share.

I don't know what calf fries are either? Seems like not knowing what something is and offering to share it shouldn't be held against you.

I literally have no other opinion on Barkley, so this isn't me defending him or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep fried calf testicles.

It's considered a joke to offer them to someone if they don't know what they are. His cohosts knew and that was why they declined. I understand it's an acquired taste, something I have never tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rutherford82 wrote:
Wasn't Tony Stewart the guy that purposely (allegedly by the victim's family) veered his car towards that young driver and ended up killing him during a race?

I chose him as the worst ever.
The young driver in question (Kevin Ward Jr.) got out of his sprint car after a crash and literally walked down the track and into the path of Stewart, all the while yelling & gesturing wildly to show how mad he was. Stewart clipped him with his right rear wheel. A New York grand jury declined to indict.

Gosh, a lot of bloodthirsty angry people in this thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
rutherford82 wrote:

I chose him as the worst ever.
The young driver in question (Kevin Ward Jr.) got out of his sprint car after a crash and literally walked down the track and into the path of Stewart, all the while yelling & gesturing wildly to show how mad he was. Stewart clipped him with his right rear wheel. A New York grand jury declined to indict.

Gosh, a lot of bloodthirsty angry people in this thread!

It's not a good look for you to defend a rapist and a murderer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
b a n j o wrote:

Claude Lemieux is a coward and loser and no matter what team you cheer for you should wish him to be trapped in a barrel of horse urine... but he got his comeuppance, so it's hard to vote him as most hated.

Source:

See also Roy.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/02/26/that-time-patrick-roy-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Vadnais Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
AndySzy wrote:
b a n j o wrote:

Source:

See also Roy.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/02/26/that-time-patrick-roy-f...

Damn was that game awful! Had a couple friends over with the wife and ran out to get pizza before the game started. Place was slow, so I didn't get the food until the game started and I was listening on the radio.

Get home toward the end of the first and everyone was like "yeah, we're going home...Avs are done". cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Tie Domi? The milk of human kindness flows through the veins of Tie Domi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.