Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kerry Heuter
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the awesome playmats at gencon but they were only for tournament winners. Any winners want to sell their mats? Let me know. It is my sons favorite game and the mat looks great.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I really wish they'd sell a plane-jane playmat for BattleLore: just the board that comes in the box, but printed on neoprene. The terrain tiles wouldn't slide around so much, and it would be nicer overall. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely interested in a playmat too...at a reasonable price.

In another thread the person said all the participants got one at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I really wish they'd sell a plane-jane playmat for BattleLore: just the board that comes in the box, but printed on neoprene. The terrain tiles wouldn't slide around so much, and it would be nicer overall. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I would as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vicente

Avon
Connecticut
msg tools
If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sign this petition as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would not buy a play mat.

I would look at it and eye it and want it and get really excited about it. I would post about it and how beautiful and useful it would be. But at the end of the day, the board is still working fine for me.

The day my board breaks, however, will be the day I definitely wish I had an option to buy a play mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stacy
United States
Aledo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely buy one. Should be the same price as the X-Wing mats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played on one back during the event at my FLGS. It looked nice but we all agreed it was too big for regular play. Lots of dead space, "slots" to place scenario and unit cards that's probably useful when you're learning the game (like at a demo) but otherwise not so much.

A rollout mouse-pad like mat that's simply terrain and hexes... maybe, but this was obviously meant to be more a marketing/demo product to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Daverman wrote:
I played on one back during the event at my FLGS. It looked nice but we all agreed it was too big for regular play. Lots of dead space, "slots" to place scenario and unit cards that's probably useful when you're learning the game (like at a demo) but otherwise not so much.

A rollout mouse-pad like mat that's simply terrain and hexes... maybe, but this was obviously meant to be more a marketing/demo product to us.

Yeah, I'm not so interested in the ones that were made for promoting the Undead release. They had the Undead/Daqan matchup "hardcoded" into the mat, and they were, as you say, too big. The ones at Gen Con were like that, I suppose?

The regular board takes up enough table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:

Here, here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't take that much to get inked gaming or someone to overlay some hexes on a grass playmat would it? (Also wouldn't take much to do it with a gold or black sharpie or something by one's self?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one on ebay now (check the ebay listings on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't recall but is the playmat that heavy to require a shipping cost of $18-19? Sadly I am looking for a reasonable cost one and right now the current bid is too rich for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I've noticed that ebay items like this often have inflated shipping to create an artificial floor to the bidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably has long dimension that makes it harder to ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife sold some Playmobil stuff a month or two back. Shipping esp. via USPS has gone through the roof. We ate shipping on several pkgs because she had estimated from memory from the last time she shipped stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The poster tube alone to ship the mat probably costs at least $10, not to mention there will be a surcharge for length. $18 is probably too low.

USPS prices are insane. I shipped 4 board games in a large sturdy box recently for $42 retail ground. It was insane- I had to eat $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.