Hide
17 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Hello everbody, I just got galaxy defenders and have fallen in love with this game. Then I come to find out that they are making a fantasy version of it and I'm pretty stoked about this! So I was wondering... It says on Ares site that I can still buy the legendary pledge, is this right? I thought the kick starter was over. If so, do I still get all the kick starter SG listed. I was also reading here that the base game will ship in October and the rest will ship later. Is this also correct? Will it be the whole base game with minis and all or no minis? I'm fine waiting for the extras as long as I can play the full base game when it ships in October. Any info would be great. I'm super excited about this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Courneya
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As long as the pledge manager link is still open on the website to add the different pledges to your cart you should be good to go. You'll get everything listed under each reward tier, just read them through and pick the one that suits you the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if they ship in 2 waves (still not sure), they'll ship the base game and everything heavy (miniatures) in the first wave, then the rules, cards and scenarios of Act II in a second wave.
So yeah, you'd have everything needed to olay the base set in the first wave.
Keep in mind that it's still possible that the whole shipment gets delayed and they ship everything at once later, maybe late Q4 or Q1 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
October isn't that far off, how close to that would they announce delays. I've never pledged a KS before so I'm new to this. Could they get into October and then say sorry, it'll be January now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
So what, game is good worth the wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedumb wrote:
October isn't that far off, how close to that would they announce delays. I've never pledged a KS before so I'm new to this. Could they get into October and then say sorry, it'll be January now?

With any KS expect a delay. It's very possible it would be Jan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
I wasn't trying to say whether or not the game was worth the wait. I'm positive that it will be as well. As I said I'm new to kick starting and was unsure how often delays like that happen. I was just wondering if the guys at gremlin typically meet their deadlines or not. Sorry if it came off as rude. Like I said in the first post, I think this game looks amazing and I'm definitely getting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Freedumb wrote:

I'd say this is actually highly probable. If everything thing stays on the schedule they last passed on from the factory, production won't start until the end of this month. They said there was "still a chance" of shipping sometime during the 4th quarter. Delays at the factory could very easily push things into January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedumb wrote:
I wasn't trying to say whether or not the game was worth the wait. I'm positive that it will be as well. As I said I'm new to kick starting and was unsure how often delays like that happen. I was just wondering if the guys at gremlin typically meet their deadlines or not. Sorry if it came off as rude. Like I said in the first post, I think this game looks amazing and I'm definitely getting it!

From what we know, the Gremlins did their part on time for October, but other things could go wrong (molds, production, soft and hard proofs, etc.) and that could delay shipment.
We should know better by the end of August. Actually, we should probably get an update on the KS pretty soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Thanks for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule of thumb: ALWAYS add 6 Months to any KS date. Its very rare that a KS delivers on time. Especially if you are not from the USA. I have multiple KS running where the first recipients have the game for 1-2 months (and some where it actually is in retail) and mine hasn't even shipped yet. KS unfortunately is all about patience.
As for S&S. I'd say right now its 50:50 that we'll see a split shipping with first wave arriving mid November and complete delivery sometimes in late Fabruary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed that all about S&S production is done before chinese new year 2017 (28th Jan 2017)!

If the S&S mass production window hits chinese new year you easily can add another month of delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Rule of thumb: ALWAYS add 6 Months to any KS date.

There are some companies that actually manage to keep their shipping dates, i.e. NSKN, SMG.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
kilrah wrote:
Rule of thumb: ALWAYS add 6 Months to any KS date.

There are some companies that actually manage to keep their shipping dates, i.e. NSKN, SMG.

Bye
Thanee

Sure, but I agree with Kilrah. When you pledge on KS for a board game, you should just expect that there will be delays. I have received KS rewards on time and even had one deliver early, but the vast majority will be delivered later than the projected date on the KS page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
That's cool. I can wait for it. I just got the immortal hero pledge! I'm super stoked about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Sure, but I agree with Kilrah. When you pledge on KS for a board game, you should just expect that there will be delays.

Yeah, it does not hurt to be a bit more relaxed about shipping times.

I have no problem with a project being late, if the quality is right in the end.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I, too, do not mind delays, but only if they are reasonable. After all, we are all mortal here and nobody knows what exactly the future holds. I'd prefer a great game in 2017 over a good game in 2016, but I'll surely take that same great game in 2017 over a greater one in 2019 any day of the week. No matter any amount of efforts and time invested, no game can ever trully be perfect, at least not for everybody at the same time.

Although I am pretty sure Ares will deliver S&S no later than Q1 2017, there are some other KS projects that I've backed and that progressively clump up delay after delay, and then somehow manage to delay even the delays themselves. For that, I trully admire those companies that manage to get their products to backers in the estimated deadline or shortly after. If they manage to keep them in the loop in the meanwhile, like Ares and the Gremlins do - even better. And in that line of thoughts - Ares, guys, it's about time we receive an update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.