Subject: Add Small 2 Player Box to Main Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to check to see if anyone knows:

Do I just add the contents of the small box to the large deluxe box? Will that make it playable by 2-6? Do I need to store the small box contents separately somehow? How would I separate them back out if I did play a 6 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can mix both boxes to play with 6 people.
To have the 2-player box cards again you'll have to take 2 Mining platforms, 14 Clerks and 6 Union Workers.
You will also have 3 factions that have 10 cards with an R next to their names. You have to take 5 of each of those.
The rest of the cards, I think it's better to put down on a list, since I don't think you have the same cards and quantities of each in both boxes.
If you are going to play a 2 player game, you have enough with the 2 player box. For 3 to 5 players you have enough with the Deluxe box. And only if you have 6 players, you will need to mix the cards from both boxes.
I haven't tried it, but maybe you could only use the starting cards for the sixth player: 1 mining platform, 7 clerks, 3 union workers and the 5 faction cards that form his reserve. This way, it's very easy to return all these cards once the game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
Yes, you can mix both boxes to play with 6 people.
To have the 2-player box cards again you'll have to take 2 Mining platforms, 14 Clerks and 6 Union Workers.
You will also have 3 factions that have 10 cards with an R next to their names. You have to take 5 of each of those.
The rest of the cards, I think it's better to put down on a list, since I don't think you have the same cards and quantities of each in both boxes.
If you are going to play a 2 player game, you have enough with the 2 player box. For 3 to 5 players you have enough with the Deluxe box. And only if you have 6 players, you will need to mix the cards from both boxes.
I haven't tried it, but maybe you could only use the starting cards for the sixth player: 1 mining platform, 7 clerks, 3 union workers and the 5 faction cards that form his reserve. This way, it's very easy to return all these cards once the game is over.

This seems like some work, though not horribly bad.

How bad would a two player game be with both the deluxe and 2 player set combined? I am all for simplicity.

This reminds me of marking the Catan tiles so I would know which ones I needed for a 4 or 6 player game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think a two player game with the two boxes would be bad. Probably you'll have shorter or longer games, depending on how long it takes for players to buy the 'good cards'.
You could try to pick 50 random Employees to form the Labour deck and 25 random Buildings and 25 random Units to form the Design deck.
You could try it with the contents of the deluxe box before mixing both boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
I don't think a two player game with the two boxes would be bad. Probably you'll have shorter or longer games, depending on how long it takes for players to buy the 'good cards'.
You could try to pick 50 random Employees to form the Labour deck and 25 random Buildings and 25 random Units to form the Design deck.
You could try it with the contents of the deluxe box before mixing both boxes.

Thanks. I will play around with it and see what works then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.