Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Be an organ donor.

Speaking of organ donors (thanks!), I am going to totally derail this thread with a cool story I heard on the radio this morning.

Apparently, there was a woman who got married this Saturday somewhere in Pennsylvania. Traditionally, a bride's father is supposed to walk her down the aisle and present the bride to the waiting groom. However, in this case, her father could not do it because he had died some years prior.

Her father was an ORGAN DONOR (that's the connection to this thread), and his heart was given to an older gentlemen following his death. The bride-to-be contacted the recipient, and asked him if he would stand in place of her father and walk her down the aisle on her wedding day, since he was now the owner of her father's donated heart!

Of course, he obliged. Everyone was happy.

Unlike the title of the movie (which I didn't watch), he was NOT the World's Biggest Asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Organ donor for 20 years. Donate blood too. But don't tell anyone -- it would ruin my hard-earned reputation as an arrogant, condescending asshole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Be an organ donor.

Speaking of organ donors (thanks!), I am going to totally derail this thread with a cool story I heard on the radio this morning.

Apparently, there was a woman who got married this Saturday somewhere in Pennsylvania. Traditionally, a bride's father is supposed to walk her down the aisle and present the bride to the waiting groom. However, in this case, her father could not do it because he had died some years prior.

Her father was an ORGAN DONOR (that's the connection to this thread), and his heart was given to an older gentlemen following his death. The bride-to-be contacted the recipient, and asked him if he would stand in place of her father and walk her down the aisle on her wedding day, since he was now the owner of her father's donated heart!

Of course, he obliged. Everyone was happy.

Unlike the title of the movie (which I didn't watch), he was NOT the World's Biggest Asshole.

That's nice but it does seem a wee bit weird.

"Can I hug you Daddy?"

"What, no. I just have your Father's heart".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
remorseless1 wrote:
Organ donor for 20 years. Donate blood too. But don't tell anyone -- it would ruin my hard-earned reputation as an arrogant, condescending asshole.

I'm an organ donor but every time without fail I make a plan to give blood I'll get the flu a day or two before. My blood must be cursed or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't, although it's still marked on my license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.