Hide
4 Posts

Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brit Bot - LimCom March rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Razler
msg tools
When the Brit Bot executes a LimCom March (e.g., as part of a Brilliant Stroke) how do you apply the "maximum extent" guidelines?

I had a situation where the destination space became controlled, but there were still many cubes I could move.

It seems like the instructions in 8.4.3. "Stop
moving groups into each destination space once British
Control is established." forced me to stop there. The space contained both Regulars and Tories so the next bullet did not help

"Then March to spaces with Population one or two that are
not at Active Support, first to add Tories where Regulars are
the only British units, then to add Regulars where Tories
are the only British units; within each, move first to March
destinations already selected above."

By stopping the move there, the space did not contain the conditions for battle as the second LimCom, which it otherwise could have if I continued moving British units.

All of that, plus the Skirmish being require in a space with exactly one British regular, made the Brilliant Stroke seem not so brilliant.

Just want to check to see if I'm interpreting everything correctly.

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You did it correctly. 8.1.1 only applies if nothing else is specified; the "stop moving groups" is there explicitly to void 8.1.1.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
Thanks Oerjan.

And, since there were already Regulars and Tories in the selected space, was it correct to not move any further units per the second bullet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. That bullet is meant to get both Tories and Regulars in a space to allow for Reward Loyalty. Since the space already had some of each force type, there was no reason to add more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.