1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Scenarios 5 & 6 this Fall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I feel like this hasn't been widely reported, especially since most early accounts say they are concerned that there are only 4 scenarios, but if you watch this video and skip to the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzQ8BwmYO7o

When both Recurring Nightmare & Suppressed Memories are released this Fall, there will be an update to the app, which will include 1 additional scenario each. (Supposedly, to take advantage and create scenarios specific to the 1st Edition tiles.)

2 more scenarios this Fall sounds good to me. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good news as I get one for free then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for FREE, so for First Edition owners that is great news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they're on the shorter side. I'm never going to have the time to play any 4+ hour scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

Quote:
I hope they're on the shorter side. I'm never going to have the time to play any 4+ hour scenarios.

Oh, you'll have plenty of time eventually, say once the hardware to run the app no longer exists
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noahboa wrote:

That's what saving is for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Noahboa wrote:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Between the 2, I hope the Suppressed Memories scenario is long. There is so much lore to mine between find a secret laboratory in a mansion and/ore exploring the surrounding area around a mansion.

edit: goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ninja_Bob wrote:
Noahboa wrote:

Between the 2, I hope the Suppressed Memories scenario is long. There is so much lore to mine between find a secret laboratory in a mansion and/ore exploring the surrounding area around a mansion.

SPOILER ALERT! My life is ruined and it's YOUR fault! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it fall yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exilfranke wrote:
Is it fall yet?

It's always fall somewhere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea to post this separately. I saw that as well and I think it may have been mentioned in one of the expansion threads, but singling it out is a great call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Coberly
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
Olvenskol wrote:
Yay!

Quote:

Oh, you'll have plenty of time eventually, say once the hardware to run the app no longer exists

That's why I'm happy they released a PC/Mac version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that as well, but didn't get too exited. Glad to have more scenarios, but one per expansion, and no way to add any user content? I hope they are just being tight lipped about new premium scenarios that may be on the horizon. Only 6 scenarios is going to get a little repetitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
I saw that as well, but didn't get too exited. Glad to have more scenarios, but one per expansion, and no way to add any user content? I hope they are just being tight lipped about new premium scenarios that may be on the horizon. Only 6 scenarios is going to get a little repetitive.

FFG are always tight-lipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way that FFG put this much effort rebooting this title in the Arkaham Files line to NOT have expansions waiting around the corner.

Glad to hear about the 2 coming with the "update packs" but I'm sure they are actively working on more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
There is no way that FFG put this much effort rebooting this title in the Arkaham Files line to NOT have expansions waiting around the corner.

Glad to hear about the 2 coming with the "update packs" but I'm sure they are actively working on more.

Right. They know initial responses are going to include, "it's only got four scenarios."

So they want to be able to talk about two more right away. Then, so long as the game is successful, it'll get its own release schedule like Descent and Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shadowsclassic wrote:

That's 1 more than what the 1st edition had in it's first year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm I wonder if other scenarios will be "free" with other expansions or if they will purchased through the app. Or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
honeybunnie8 wrote:
Hmmm I wonder if other scenarios will be "free" with other expansions or if they will purchased through the app. Or both.

From the video:

"If you're a 1st edition owner, you get it for free."
"Two new scenarios that are just going to be free updates to the app."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ninja_Bob wrote:
honeybunnie8 wrote:

From the video:

"If you're a 1st edition owner, you get it for free."
"Two new scenarios that are just going to be free updates to the app."

I mean after that. I doubt they are going to only have 2 expansions. This is FFG after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
honeybunnie8 wrote:

The truth is that they haven't said. We know how many come in the box, we know two more will come out when the two expansions that draw on 1ed material come out this fall. After that, I think it's anyone's guess.

It would be relatively easy for them to create more scenarios and sell them for a few dollars - that would only require programming and voice acting, with no overhead going to producing new boxes, tiles, and minis. On the other hand, FFG sure loves to sell new boxes of plastic - look at Imperial Assault and Descent.

I'm guessing we'll see some of both. Some in-app-purchased scenarios, and some new boxed expansions that enable new scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hopefully this means more scenarios down the line. It'd be weird to buy so many boxed expansion pieces only to have 2 more scenarios. Although. Those pieces would theoretically add replay value to the original 4 scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
lfisher wrote:
It's always fall somewhere

It really isn't, it's Winter/Summer at the moment, and we don't even HAVE fall where I am we have Autumn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fedaykin98 wrote:

It would be relatively easy for them to create more scenarios and sell them for a few dollars - that would only require programming and voice acting, with no overhead going to producing new boxes, tiles, and minis.

It will also require writing the narrative design and playtesting. It's strange to me how often people bring up the costs of the physical components when it's the intangibles that are inarguably the most important aspect. Writing is hard work and writers like to feed their children too.

And to anyone that's questioning whether or not they are going to continue to release new scenarios in the future, why of course they are. That shouldn't even be a question. As to what form they'll take, I imagine they'll do both IAP (like the PODs) and big box expansions with more tiles, monsters, and investigators. Is that speculation? Yes, but it's based on everything they've ever done before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.