Subject: What's the highest score you have seen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Growley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I once scored a 79 (which the designer told me is the highest score he has seen) Basically how I did it was this:

- had a fast deck
- a buttload of symbols
- opponents who were draining the point pool pretty slow ( that is key)
- never getting anything that would get me points from the pool to keep it going longer
- I was able to play most of my deck each turn which had enough symbols in it to usually get me 2 Level II Vale cards, also for the most part the ability vale's came out first to help me early then it was mostly point ones after so I was able to get like 2 6 point vales some turns. The last turn I was only able to get 3 points from the cards given. The next vale card to come out was a 6 point one so I could of had 85 if that card was out.

What's your or someone else's high score? Hopefully someone can embarrass my score, so my friends don't have to hear me say I'm the world record holder in Mystic Vale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Montalvo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it twice tonight and my friend who won twice against three other players got over 60 points everytime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I go for VP early, so I score between 28-38 each game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the two games that I have played -- both 2p, one against myself (because hooray for no hidden information) and the other against my wife -- the winning scores were 60 in one game and 64 in the other. I was actually looking to see if a thread like this existed because I was concerned that the scores were high and maybe we were playing something incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ritter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played about six times now, and scores are between 20-40. Those are all 2 player games. Last game I won 26-25, good stuff. With us, if those larger victory point cards turn up, we try to buy them, which speeds up end game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like playing with all the VP tokens in the box,... so my son and I just had a game finish 111-110 (base game only).

Amazing balance for a game that has so many combos that might seem OP.

Does anyone else like using all of the tokens? I keep thinking that if we were using the regular amount of tokens (23 ?!?!?!?!?), that we would not have had nearly as much fun; and we still played the game in around 45-50 minutes.

I remember thinking that; I had one nice card that (in conjunction with a Vale card) was earning me 12VP tokens each time I played it,..... if we had had only 23 tokens,... I would have been lucky to have used it more than once!

*** the card was a Stag with a Woodland Warden,... and then tapping the Enclave of Ents each time to have the extra helmet symbol for harvest ***

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.