Subject: Tried this out with the family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike LeDuc
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to the Munchkin world quite late. Having a background in RPG over the past 20+ years I always wanted to check it out - FINALLY got a chance to and what a blast I've been having with it. Only problem is a number of the cards have a lot of innuendo, emphasizing many of the sexist trends in the role playing community - resulting in a 10+ age rating. These cards are hilarious - but not necessarily suitable for kids under 10.

Wanting to include everyone in Munchkin I tried out this version. And it's PERFECT!!! My older son (9) finds the cards a little boring - as he would rather fight monsters and get gear similar to what you would find when playing a Dungeons and Dragons style game , where as the younger one (6.5) loves the artwork/coloring and the types of cute cards.

This is a great way to involve the whole family with Munchkin with out looking to take out cards like "Bad Ass Bandanna" to avoid questions from the young ones.

There is a newer release of this, and the art work looks even cuter!! I wish I waited to pick up that one!

CONCLUSION: Pick this up if you want to enjoy the Munchkin game mechanics with those under the age of 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a player with no children and no close relatives with children, I don't have to worry about language. Still, I prefer playing with this version to others based on the IP and Kovalic's awesome artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.