Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few rules questions regarding broken companies.

I understand that upon activation a broken company can retreat (which means it can move through friendly units, which an unbroken company could not do). Can it move normally, or remain in place, if it doesn't choose to retreat?

Can it remain where it is if it starts the activation in an enemy zone of control? If not, can it remain in place if adjacent to a broken enemy unit?

Can it move into an enemy zone of control?

Can it attack in melee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bob,

I understand that upon activation a broken company can retreat (which means it can move through friendly units, which an unbroken company could not do). Can it move normally, or remain in place, if it doesn't choose to retreat?

Yes it can remain in place or it can move up to its movement capability toward an entrance hex - if CS, or toward the rivers - if US.

Can it remain where it is if it starts the activation in an enemy zone of control? If not, can it remain in place if adjacent to a broken enemy unit?

No, if it is in an enemy ZOC it has to retreat from it. If next to a broken enemy company - no problem, in this case it can remain in place as that company has no ZOC.

Can it move into an enemy zone of control?

Nope.

Can it attack in melee?

If by that you mean, can it defend in melee - yes. But can it enter into melee with an enemy unit broken or otherwise - no.

Hope that helps.

You should keep an eye out of the BATTLE of BELMONT (COMPASS GAMES) it's an evolution of the BALL'S BLUFF mechanics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, John, for the clarifications. I find Ball's Bluff to be fun to play, with rules easy to digest and the play itself quick but not simplistic. I like the system. I'll keep an eye out for Belmont. If Belmont works, it would be nice to see it extended to some of the very large battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Already collaborating with Rick Barber on the Gettysburg flanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.