Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be outdone by One Million Moms or other lost causes, the Trumptards knowing the election is lost are now focusing on smaller goals and wins to make themselves feel significant - so they are spamming a Netflix special with negative reviews.

In an ironic twist that David Cross would love, these whackadoos must have received their marching orders to spam Cross's new Netflix special in order to bring its rating down, and their rhetoric and "Librell" bashing is on full display in such an insignificant venue/battleground. It just goes to show how sad their cause has become. It's like vying to either being next to last or last place.... nobody gives a fuck.

I just noticed it while browsing some shows last eve. The negative comments were quite hilarious. You could almost hear the toofless mouths uttering the slurs and nasties rolling off their emailed scripts... because there is no way that this wasn't coordinated by some mud-roots group. Perhaps Aryan nation? Whitebred pride? NRA? High-school Dropouts Unite?

Just shows how pathetic their lives have gotten. Sad, really. Fortunately for them, after the election, they can just slink away to the grave, because game is over. No savior in the Great Orange One. No anti-trade legislation. No wall to keep those threats away from their shacks. No superman to stand in the way of the imaginary sharia threats that are going to convert the masses. In short, their one last shot in life turned up craps.

Remember, its always darkest before the dawn, and their 2010 to 2016 (until now) run was the darkest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

Would that be associated with a Cream on a (white) Cracker game? This is used as an ice-breaker at Trump rallies, which is taken directly from Hitler and Himmler's Popular Games at Rallies book from the 30s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Would that be associated with a Cream on a (white) Cracker game? This is used as an ice-breaker at Trump rallies, which is taken directly from Hitler and Himmler's Popular Games at Rallies book from the 30s.

I will readily defer to you in regard to knowledge of Hitler/Himmler-related anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
On a related note, it's fun to look at Amazon Prime reviews for certain wingnut "documentaries" (a term I shall use loosely) and note that the more ridiculous and rightwing-fringe they are, miraculously the more insane 5-star "review" that they receive. "The Earth-shattering Documentary Everyone Is Talking About: Is Obama Actually A Kenyan Imperialist Vampire Bat?" FIVE STARS!

I know it's fashionable to bash millennials as being basement-dwelling, no-social-skills-having, questionably-politically-motivated weirdos. But the army of rural luddites one would have to systematically coordinate to "get the word out" about these hilarious "documentaries" has to be a scary army unto itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
On a related note, it's fun to look at Amazon Prime reviews for certain wingnut "documentaries" (a term I shall use loosely) and note that the more ridiculous and rightwing-fringe they are, miraculously the more insane 5-star "review" that they receive. "The Earth-shattering Documentary Everyone Is Talking About: Is Obama Actually A Kenyan Imperialist Vampire Bat?" FIVE STARS!

I know it's fashionable to bash millennials as being basement-dwelling, no-social-skills-having, questionably-politically-motivated weirdos. But the army of rural luddites one would have to systematically coordinate to "get the word out" about these hilarious "documentaries" has to be a scary army unto itself.

Is being an imperialist a term of abuse on the right these days? Imperialism is usually considered to be a trait of the right.

(In British history - and we had a lot of Imperialist history - once it was no longer a term of pride supported by all, the last defenders of Empire were on the right, while "anti-Imperialist" was a term of pride on the left.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Yes, I almost dropped down into the rabbit hole to find out which site was used (or sites) to coordinate this spamming of the Cross special.

I think this incident, in addition to your cited Amazon product review ref, really supports a recent summary of why Americans in particular are so polarized these days.... they are just fucking bored with life. Absent of any real-world struggles (hunger, survival, natural predators) - most humans have waaaaaaay too much time on their hands, but are still locked into the evolutionary need to fight or defend their lives. To vent this need, they seek out conflict and have virtual/faux fight-to-the-death battles. Instead of letting blood, they just type. Perhaps that's evolution? Better? I dunno, but it is just fucking fascinating.

Having grown up near a lot the current front-line soldiers of Trump's army, and other unsavory, nasty groups - I have seen this from its infancy. So, I'm not surprised by the level of horrible people that populate this country. But like I said, it is always darkest before the dawn, and their dawn is just around the corner. In some ways, I welcome the crescendo, because it marks the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Is being an imperialist a term of abuse on the right these days? Imperialism is usually considered to be a trait of the right.

(In British history - and we had a lot of Imperialist history - once it was no longer a term of pride supported by all, the last defenders of Empire were on the right, while "anti-Imperialist" was a term of pride on the left.)

I'm not sure if it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the right in an overt way, although one could extrapolate the subtle and undeclared imperialism of the US going back to Nixon. Unfortunately, Kennedy also is a tarred with a similar brush, because of his support for escalation in Vietnam... followed in step by Johnson. I believe some would argue that their actions were partially a political choice to thwart off the critics of the Right Wing, anti-Red movement that cropped up in the late 40s. Not to say they didn't act on true concerns against the spread of Communism. As always, it is never a simple dichotomy, and I wouldn't begin to assign any serious evaluation of the influence of one factor over the other..

There is no question that the Right has wrapped themselves in Imperialism and the flag since Nixon, but have finely tuned their message so as it not to be shrill Jingoism... perhaps not to appear like Mao or Soviet politicians. I'm not speaking from historical scholarly pursuits, but from just observations since the mid-70s.

Therefore, I'm sure others could make much better arguments and support their points with facts, over me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Not to be outdone by One Million Moms or other lost causes, the Trumptards knowing the election is lost are now focusing on smaller goals and wins to make themselves feel significant - so they are spamming a Netflix special with negative reviews.

In an ironic twist that David Cross would love, these whackadoos must have received their marching orders to spam Cross's new Netflix special in order to bring its rating down, and their rhetoric and "Librell" bashing is on full display in such an insignificant venue/battleground. It just goes to show how sad their cause has become. It's like vying to either being first to last or last place.... nobody gives a fuck.

I just noticed it while browsing some shows last eve. The negative comments were quite hilarious. You could almost hear the toofless mouths uttering the slurs and nasties rolling off their emailed scripts... because there is no way that this wasn't coordinated by some mud-roots group. Perhaps Aryan nation? Whitebred pride? NRA? High-school Dropouts Unite?

Just shows how pathetic their lives have gotten. Sad, really. Fortunately for them, after the election, they can just slink away to the grave, because game is over. No savior in the Great Orange One. No anti-trade legislation. No wall to keep those threats away from their shacks. No superman to stand in the way of the imaginary sharia threats that are going to convert the masses. In short, their one last shot in life turned up craps.

Remember, its always darkest before the dawn, and their 2010 to 2016 (until now) run was the darkest.

Sounds like the old game of going on Amazon and reading the reviews for "Battle Cry of Freedom"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

In an ironic twist that David Cross would love, these whackadoos must have received their marching orders to spam Cross's new Netflix special in order to bring its rating down, and their rhetoric and "Librell" bashing is on full display in such an insignificant venue/battleground. It just goes to show how sad their cause has become. It's like vying to either being first to last or last place.... nobody gives a fuck.

Sounds like the old game of going on Amazon and reading the reviews for "Battle Cry of Freedom"

I really should crawl down that rabbit hole one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Dearlove wrote:

A sizable portion of loud rightwing America consider themselves to be "small government" types who supposedly abhor "imperialist presidencies" and government intervention of any sort. This is an easily identifiable lie when the US government goes full crony-capitalist with favorable tax rates while screwing those of us who remain politically un-connected. And also an easily identifiable lie when Republicans have been historically so ready to drag the nation into bankrupting foreign wars without end.

So to wallpaper over the right's own issues with fascism (hello Trump!) they have enjoyed referring to Obama as an "imperialist president" for the last 8 years, and it typically hinges on "Obama uses too many executive orders! He skirts the rule of law! This makes him a tyrant!" or "Obama enlarges government in order to keep his foot on the neck of the little guy! He is a tyrant!" Meanwhile these same people are all frothing at the mouth to see an actual fascist in Donald J. Trump take over the nation and preside over it at whatever whim possesses him at that moment.

So a lot of it is: When my side does it, well that's just patriotism and "getting things done!" But when the other side does it, well that's clearly imperialist tyranny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Just shows how pathetic their lives have gotten. Sad, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Just shows how pathetic their lives have gotten. Sad, really.

Trolling.

I think. I mean, could someone be as oblivious as that to the "my side is always right and the other side is always wrong and polarizing is only bad on one side of the scale?" Could they?

Dammit... I used to think "trolling," but now I'm not sure either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this even matter if they did? I thought Netflix used some sort of weird algorithms for watchability, hence the stuff in line with stuff I've liked having high scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Whomever taught Jermey about image macros, you're going to hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
To vent this need, they seek out conflict and have virtual/faux fight-to-the-death battles.

You mean, like wargamers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see some grogs play for that reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to check this out.

Does Amber really like that beard? Lucky bastard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

A sizable portion of loud rightwing America consider themselves to be "small government" types who supposedly abhor "imperialist presidencies" and government intervention of any sort. This is an easily identifiable lie when the US government goes full crony-capitalist with favorable tax rates while screwing those of us who remain politically un-connected. And also an easily identifiable lie when Republicans have been historically so ready to drag the nation into bankrupting foreign wars without end.

So to wallpaper over the right's own issues with fascism (hello Trump!) they have enjoyed referring to Obama as an "imperialist president" for the last 8 years, and it typically hinges on "Obama uses too many executive orders! He skirts the rule of law! This makes him a tyrant!" or "Obama enlarges government in order to keep his foot on the neck of the little guy! He is a tyrant!" Meanwhile these same people are all frothing at the mouth to see an actual fascist in Donald J. Trump take over the nation and preside over it at whatever whim possesses him at that moment.

So a lot of it is: When my side does it, well that's just patriotism and "getting things done!" But when the other side does it, well that's clearly imperialist tyranny.

OK, I can see the isolationist wing decrying Imperialism. Not actually the same thing as small government (though the supporters may overlap heavily). If we look at British India, for a long time it was a patchwork of client states and privately run (British East India Company) territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Prove he is not (actually with those ear I can see a bit of the Max Schreck about him).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched it last night, it's ok.

Not the strongest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Watched it last night, it's ok.

Not the strongest.

Yeah it was OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's David Cross? I'm not familiar with that name.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Who's David Cross? I'm not familiar with that name.

Ferret

Most famous for his work in Arrested Development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

OK, I can see the isolationist wing decrying Imperialism. Not actually the same thing as small government (though the supporters may overlap heavily). If we look at British India, for a long time it was a patchwork of client states and privately run (British East India Company) territory.

It's ignorance. They are decrying "Imperial Presidency" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Presidency
They then think that the correct word is Imperialism not Imperial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.