Subject: A few rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Hasse
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 4 games of this in at gencon and it's great! (My review is currently pending to be posted in the Reviews forum.) But we did have some questions come up:

1. What happens when the deck runs out?
This came up in one of the four games I've played. The most obvious solution is to shuffle the discards and start a new deck.

2. What happens to the card revealed by Search for Life? If it stays on top, then the draw order in the next research phase matters, so what order do we draw in?
This came up in a couple games. We played it where it stays on top, and if the top card is known then the first player is the one who draws it. (One game a player had a really interesting engine going to look at the card and decide whether or not he wanted to draw it.)

3. Can you stack the requirement adjustment from Inventrix Corporation, Adaptation Technology, and Special Design?
We said yes (although it ended up not mattering because the parameter was pushed up by another player).

4. Does Helion Corporation's heat count for the tiebreaker?
We were 1 point away from this mattering in one of our games. I could see this one going either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ehasse wrote:
I got 4 games of this in at gencon and it's great! (My review is currently pending to be posted in the Reviews forum.) But we did have some questions come up:

1. What happens when the deck runs out?
This came up in one of the four games I've played. The most obvious solution is to shuffle the discards and start a new deck.

2. What happens to the card revealed by Search for Life? If it stays on top, then the draw order in the next research phase matters, so what order do we draw in?
This came up in a couple games. We played it where it stays on top, and if the top card is known then the first player is the one who draws it. (One game a player had a really interesting engine going to look at the card and decide whether or not he wanted to draw it.)

3. Can you stack the requirement adjustment from Inventrix Corporation, Adaptation Technology, and Special Design?
We said yes (although it ended up not mattering because the parameter was pushed up by another player).

4. Does Helion Corporation's heat count for the tiebreaker?
We were 1 point away from this mattering in one of our games. I could see this one going either way.

Great questions!

1) Simply reshuffle when you need to draw a card if the deck is empty.
2) Search For Life discards the revealed card. It is our intention to keep TM clean from deck manipulation, since that would be against the theme and cause lots of potential rules issues.
3) Effects stack, yes. The same goes for discounts, for example.
4) Helion does not help the tie-breaker. Their heat can be USED as megacredits, but the ARE still heat.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hasse
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I look forward to playing more, it's a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Hamtzany
msg tools
Since "Search of life" should discard the card, I suggest changing the text in future prints to replace that.
In other games there is a clear distinction between revealing (Meaning "show the card to everyone") and discarding.
The text should clearly say to reveal and discard the top card (or just say discard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.