Subject: Advanced Campaign-Destroyed Items, when do they come back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Recently in a game I am playing, the OL destroyed the Pack of Holding, carrying about 10+ items. This is during the Silver stage of the campaign. The remainder of the items get discarded to the discard pile.

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this situation, but I wanted to see what others have to say.

1) Do the discarded silver items get automatically reshuffled into the silver pile to get randomly drawn again during that same game week?

2) Do the discarded silver items get reshuffled at the end of the game week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Well, I've been playing it so we immediately reshuffle a discarded item back into the deck. I think the FAQ asked us to do that for vanilla on pg 6, so I did it for RtL as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
We cycle through the decks. If something is discarded it goes on the discard. We only shuffle once we make it through the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lanabound wrote:
Well, I've been playing it so we immediately reshuffle a discarded item back into the deck. I think the FAQ asked us to do that for vanilla on pg 6, so I did it for RtL as well...

That is for vanilla, which is leagues different from the advanced campaign.

Quote:
RtL pg 22
The Market
Treasure and shop items are bought and sold at the Market.
Visit, Train, or Restock

When the first hero visits a given Market in a given game week, a number of cards equal to the city’s Market rating are
drawn from the treasure deck that corresponds to the current campaign level. “Treasure Cache” cards are discarded (and are not replaced, instead representing a market shortage that week).

All heroes who visit that Market that week may purchase items from among the drawn cards. Of course, once particular cards are purchased, they are not available to heroes who visit the
Market later the same week. Copper items cost 250 coins to purchase, Silver items cost 500 coins, and Gold items cost 750
coins. Any shop item can also be purchased at the Market for its listed cost; these are not drawn as above, but are always available. A hero must be able to carry a given item in order to
purchase it.

Items can also be sold at the Market, for half their purchase price. Sold items are re-shuffled into the decks they came from.

At the end of a given week, any treasure items that were not purchased from the Market are re-shuffled into the decks they came from.

The market is didn't than in vanilla. Items don't get shuffled beck in until the end of the game week.

FAQ pg 20

Quote:
Q: Are items destroyed by Crushing Blow placed in the
graveyard?
A: No. Those items are discarded, and the next time the treasure deck is shuffled they will be shuffled back into the deck.

Only time you reshuffle your treasure deck is at the end of a game week. Destroyed items are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
The quote from pg 22 says items not purchased from the market see reshuffled at the end of a week. It doesn't say the discard pile is shuffled at the end of a week. This implies there is no discard pile.

If there were a discard pile, then still, only un-purchased market items would be reshuffled strictly following the pg 22 rule. There is no other instruction as to when the discard is shuffled. So if there is a discard, it seems it will never get shuffled, or the shuffle-point is unspecified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Núñez
msg tools
In our campaing (me as Overlord), we decided not to reshuffle the destroyed items for coherence.

Not purchased items may be purchased by another traveler and could show up in another city market eventually, however destroyed items are destroyed. Forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.