$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Cuba Libre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Rolando Masferrer (card #5) and free Special Activity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Played my first game of Cuba Libre yesterday and LOVED it. Can't get the game out of my head.

My situation:
I was the Government and I played the event Rolando Masferrer which has the text:

"Sweep may free Assault 1 space as its Special Activity."

My question:
Once this card is in play, do I need to choose "1st faction Op with special activity" or "2nd Faction Op May add Special Activity" in order to be able to use the free Assault?

Or do I get to do the free Assault even if I am only doing a sweep via Op or LimOp (with no special activity)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to choose a space that gives an Op + SA (or an Event that will grant an Op + SA). This adds "Assault" with a max 1 space (accompanying only Sweep) as an available Special Activity while this Momentum is in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, this event is rather powerful, even if you only get to use its benefits once or twice. The Sweep+Assault combo lets you just devastate guerrillas, especially in Cities. In my current game, I basically cleared out Santiago de Cuba of M26 guerrillas in a single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.