$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Ste M
msg tools
Hi. I've found core game and the 2 main exp of mom1 new.
Mom1 100 euro
Forbidden alchemy 40
Cotw 55
From what I understand the new 2 exp is just these one's with just monster and tiles. Correct
What should I do. I dunno. Buy the old one so I can play even with 1st ed rules And I can use it as 2nd. Or wait the new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only you can answer that question. If you only plan on playing 2nd edition, then I would wait for the new expansions since they will likely be less expensive. But if you think you might get some mileage off of playing the 1st edition, then it might be worth it to you to buy the originals (while you can still find them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Well for the 2 I will have to pay 180 euro. Someone has some idea of how much will be priced the 2 expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild, are a bit price, but not terrible.
MoM1 sounds like they should use a gun when you pay them. Unless you really, really think you are going to want to go back and play with the keeper, I would pass. I doubt I will ever go back.

Since FFG has announced they will be releasing all the mini's and tiles from the original MoM, I would just get 2nd Ed. and the two expansions when they are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Play the game now.

Get Recurring Nightmare and Suppressed Memories later.

Don't worry about 1st edition components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
I know i should play the game now, but MoM was a game I always like to try, but i felt reservation coz the fiddlyness and everything. Now that I played the second edition, I really liked it, so I like to be able to play with a human keeper and so on. If I need to spend a little more is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that waiting and getting the 2 expansions (CoTW and FA will be in 1 expansion) will save you more then just a little bit of money. I do not know the pricing for them, but I can't see MoM1e expansion being 100Euros or the 1 expansion that contains both CoTW and FA for over 100Euros either.

I already own 1E and those two expansions, but if I did not, I'd wait it out for them to be re-released from FFG. The prices for 1E + expansions right now on ebay (or at least last I checked before the FFG announcement of re-printing them) was cray cray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
I want the FA, can you give me the link where I can buy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to play the first edition, get the first edition stuff. Otherwise get the 2E packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New minis might be improved so that is a reason to wait, the New minis in second edition are better than the old.eg Wendy Adams, and yorick, compare new figs to pics on ffg site and you will see a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go for the 2nd ed packs Id appreciate a PM on where you found 1st Ed as Id like to buy those myself please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.